What's your MUST-do lunch?

Blissful123

Earning My Ears
We normally do a big breakfast at the parks but i'm thinking of shifting to a rope drop/EMH paradigm and doing a breakfast on the run and pausing for a longer lunch. We normally love Crystal Palace breakfast so I think that's a must lunch for us if we can't do it for breakfast. We also have BOG as a must-do lunch. What are yours? Any park/hotel!

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. They have an a la carte menu for lunch so DH can get that pilgrim's platter he loves but I can get something else. All the food is pretty good, it's a nice A/C break on our Magic Kingdom day and the ooey gooey toffee cake is really delish!

My mum loves be our guest so that's a must do for us. This trip we have also booked sanaa (although 2 of us are only ordering the bread service) and jungle skipper. We try and do something different every time we go but bog always sneaks in. Given half a chance hubby would sneak oak and yeti in every trip too!
QS wise yak and yeti local foods, satuli canteen and d luxe burger are favourites and we are trying Capt cooks for the first time next trip!

At HS, We recently got ‘stuck’ eating outside at Brown Derby Lounge and it was downright fabulous. We abhor lines/waiting, and it was raining a bit so there were seats under umbrellas available... Great drinks, food, dessert... Service... then my little guy puked into a cloth napkin... and I asked a server where I should dispose of it. (I did not show it to him.) Got a less than stellar response but the same not-quite-Disney response I might have given to the gross moment... Anywho... this post is too long.
I liked the Brown Derby.

Gonna sound weird but the one lunch I had my last trip that I'm eager to go back for was Satuli Canteen. Not pricey, nice seating, lovely themed area and the food was so tasty! It was also quickservice so I didn't have to plan it ahead. We were both starved and just popped in for a meal that even my hubs could eat with his texture issues.

Spice Road at Epcot. Ale and Compass at Yacht and Beach club. Or Big River Brewing at Boardwalk. Whispering Canyon at WL. And one of the best, Sanaa, at AKL-Kidani. Yak and Yeti at AK.

And Brown Derby Lounge on patio at HS is good if you can get a table. Or Sci-Fi is a neat lunch. At MK, I would suggest trying Liberty Tree for lunch instead of Crystal Palace. It is a menu lunch and has some good stuff including the must-try Ooey Gooey Toffee cake dessert.

Hamburger or a salad, poolside. We always head back to the resort to have lunch and to laze by the pool for several hours before we head back to a park for the evening. We are in our 60's and now travel without kids or grandkids so it is not hard to just walk away from the Magic to spend some relax time. It is also important for us as we are from Michigan and travel every year in February. It is snowing at home so the idea of laying by the pool is so much more satisfying.

MK - BOG
Epcot - usually just snack around World Showcase
HS - tried Hollywood & Vine lunch this year & was pleasantly surprised (past few trips had done breakfast)
AK - Tusker House is a must every trip!
WL - Geyser Point

Sometimes lunch is really dinner for us. Depends on what time we are eating and how heavy the meal is.

HS-The lounge at HBD
MK-Geyser Point
DS-Morimoto Asia on departure day.
Epcot- Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Sommerfest, Chefs de France
AK- Saana

Not always for lunch, sometimes for lupper (late lunch-early supper) we like the lounge at Brown Derby. We also like to sit outside at Spice Road Tables and share a couple of appetizer plates for lupper. We tend to eat at Nomad Lounge at AK for lupper as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts