Whats your kitchen floor?

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. we are think about redoing our kitchen floor. We have saw peel and stick looking hardwood floors. Or into looking at not to much hardwood flooring.We should go to Home Depot to see. I think that I am watching tooooooo many decorating shows eg. Flip this house, Trading Spaces. Then what about backsplash and counter top. It never stops. Just a little up grade I THOUGHT. :confused3

right now i have sub-flooring :) i have Armstrong laminated ordered through a flooring business; this guy only recommends Armstrong. he'll lay other brands, he would've laid Pergo for me, but he convinced me of the durability and quality of Armstrong. I LOVED the Pergo-Presto at Home Depot and found a comparable look in Armstrong. i'll have it installed in about 3 weeks

Disney Ontario said:
Hi. we are think about redoing our kitchen floor. We have saw peel and stick looking hardwood floors. Or into looking at not to much hardwood flooring.We should go to Home Depot to see. I think that I am watching tooooooo many decorating shows eg. Flip this house, Trading Spaces. Then what about backsplash and counter top. It never stops. Just a little up grade I THOUGHT. :confused3

We have real hardwood - yes in the the kitchen & both powder rooms on the 1st floor too - and I love it! Ok I realize if there is an appliance or plumbing emergency this could ruin my floors, but really, how often does that happen? We've been in the house 9 months & so far the floors still look new, even with DSs ages 6 & 9. My only regret is that I didn't go darker with the stain. I have granite counters & tile backsplash - it really doesn't matter what materials you use, just be sure to get samples of all of them to see together. I thought I had picked the perfect tile backsplash & once it was installed it was very yellow compared to what I wanted. Live & learn!

We actually put the peel-and-stick hardwood looking tiles in our attic bedroom. It's extremely easy to install. We were able to find them at Big Lots for $8/box of 20 and it looks pretty good, you can tell that it's not real hardwood, but its 100x better than the ugly teal carpet that was there when we moved in. And w/ four dogs who shed, its much easier to clean than carpet :)

Disney Ontario said:
I think that I am watching tooooooo many decorating shows eg. Flip this house, Trading Spaces.

I did that too. Until we got rid of cable, my DH said that those shows should be labeled as Pay Per View, because it costs him money every time I watch!! :rotfl:

I have ceramic tile in my kitchen. Nothing fancy, it's 12 yrs old, white (with a brown tone thru it) with brown grout. Looks very early 90's to me. Plus it's cracked from one end of the kitchen to the other. (I guess from my foundation shifting). I hate it but don't want to deal with destroying it and relaying tile. I do love having tile though, easy to clean and doesn't matter what gets spilled on it. Plus it's cool to walk on. (I live in Fla)

I have hardwood - it looks great 6 years after we put it in! And that is with two bumbling adults and two golden retrievers nails and drooling. Didn't want the hardness of tile - I thought it would be hard to stand on very long and it cracks! Didn't want laminate because I think it looks cheap and is noisy. I love my hardwood. It is engineered and is beautiful!

Real hardwood here too. We had Bruce hardwood in our old house and really liked it until we have seen how much nicer real hardwood is without the grooves. The pre-finished Bruce kind has little grooves between each piece but this hardwood is like a bowling alley - all pieces butt up to each other with no grooves for dirt. LOVE LOVE LOVE HARDWOOD!

At present, very dirty and worn linoleum.
Everytime I am at the shop I become overwhelmed with choices :confused3

But someday soon it shall be wood, or something that appears to be wood.
Then I shall be happy :goodvibes

Hi again. I think that this weekend we are going to Rona and buying laminated flooring. .79 a square foot then scratch and save 5-25%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!