What's up with September and October availability?

I just spent an hour on the phone with Disney trying to find any availability in September for AKL Club level. Finally found it in the first week. After that, I tailored the rest around it. I the the CM thought I was a bit odd, because I giggled maniacally when I agreed to pay an absurd amount for 2 nights at the Polynesian Club just because they were there.

@JessiMommy I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time and then couldn't get your resort. I hope something shakes loose for you.

I went July 7-10 last year and found it way more manageable than any of my multiple fall 2016 or 2017 trips. This year we're going July 20-25 and by all reports, it should be around the same. Will it be hot? Of course! That's what stops in AC'd shops is for!

That's great you have such a positive outlook!! After all, a crowded day at Disney is better than a quiet day at home! October 2017 will be far, far busier than October 2014 was, though, unfortunately. I miss when this was a quieter time for sure!

I think my idea crowds may be different than other people's idea of crowds. Waiting in line 40-60 minutes for a ride isn't a big deal for us. :) Like I said, maybe living in a crowded city, dealing with crowded festivals, restaurants, etc. makes us more immune, who knows! Saturday night at Epcot for food/wine was PACKED :crowded:, but we enjoyed it, a fun atmosphere.

And people who went last year at my time said it was crowded, but not as horrific as people are making it seem.
Whatever the case, I don't really see a point in being negative about it, I'm certainly not going to cancel because it may be crowded.

I think my idea crowds may be different than other people's idea of crowds. Waiting in line 40-60 minutes for a ride isn't a big deal for us. :) Like I said, maybe living in a crowded city, dealing with crowded festivals, restaurants, etc. makes us more immune, who knows! Saturday night at Epcot for food/wine was PACKED :crowded:, but we enjoyed it, a fun atmosphere.

And people who went last year at my time said it was crowded, but not as horrific as people are making it seem.
Whatever the case, I don't really see a point in being negative about it, I'm certainly not going to cancel because it may be crowded.

I am with you on this. I do not get worked up about crowds. We go to Mardi Gras every year, LSU football games, the French Quarter in N.O. and I guess that helps us not notice people (or their questionable behaviors). Someone mentioned MK closing to capacity on Easter Sunday 2009 and we were there and I swear I had no idea it was that bad LOL

We go when we want to go and we go to the park we want to regardless of crowd calendars. I think if you focus on the people around you it can really ruin a vacation.

As I said, the issue is more all the people who come in saying "but it's supposed to be a slow time of year!"

Disney is doing a great job of distributing demand better. There may also be more people on-site for some of those weeks.

My group of 8 originally planned on 4 nights at POFQ and 3 nights at Universal (Sept 30 to Oct 7). We then decided to do 7 nights POFQ and day trip over to Universal. I can't manage to find the extra days at POFQ! It will let me bump up to rack rate garden view through Oct 6, but I'm already paying rack rate for standard view, so I really hate to do that....and that still doesn't help me with the last night.

I'm really kind of surprised at how booked the room are.

I guess I'll keep trying and hoping. :headache:

I would definitely check 30 days out. The fall is also busy time for Disney Weddings, each of those weddings have room blocks in their desired resorts that are not open to the public. If unused they go back into the inventory 30 days before the wedding.

I haven't been since 2014 either so I am a bit worried about how busy it will be for me and my guests.

I would definitely check 30 days out. The fall is also busy time for Disney Weddings, each of those weddings have room blocks in their desired resorts that are not open to the public. If unused they go back into the inventory 30 days before the wedding.

I haven't been since 2014 either so I am a bit worried about how busy it will be for me and my guests.

I think 2014 was the last year fall wasn't busy. I've gone every oct either second to last or last week and it has gotten busier and busier each year. We were shocked in 2015, then again last year. With that said, it's still not peak summer busy where I've waited 3 hours for splash mountain. Smart touring plans and you ll be fine. Remember rope drop is your friend.

Two things I know about happening during this time frame are the Gartner Symposium the first week of October and the Jewish Holidays on 9/21 and 9/22.

The Gartner Symposium is held at the Swan and Dolphin. If that resort isn't open to other guests, it could explain other Disney resorts being booked up.

Around here, many school districts are closed Thursday, 9/21 and Friday, 9/22. It's one of my reasons for choosing that week.

The Gartner Symposium is held at the Swan and Dolphin. If that resort isn't open to other guests, it could explain other Disney resorts being booked up.

Official hotels for Gartner include Grand Flo, Poly, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, AKL, Contemporary, Coronado and Wilderness Lodge. All have special rates: http://www.gartner.com/binaries/con...words/symposium/sym27/sym27_hotel_listing.pdf

A lot of people don't know how big Expo is. IT IS REALLY BIG.

Official hotels for Gartner include Grand Flo, Poly, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, AKL, Contemporary, Coronado and Wilderness Lodge. All have special rates: http://www.gartner.com/binaries/con...words/symposium/sym27/sym27_hotel_listing.pdf

A lot of people don't know how big Expo is. IT IS REALLY BIG.

Last year, I believe it was the third week of October. This year, it's the first week. You can figure a lot of folks extend it into a vacation a few days on either side of the dates (10/1-10/5) of the actual symposium.

Last year, I believe it was the third week of October. This year, it's the first week. You can figure a lot of folks extend it into a vacation a few days on either side of the dates (10/1-10/5) of the actual symposium.
I was there during the Expo. For all people always hand-wring about "convention people," they were delightful neighbors in the resort. Quiet, no door-slamming or screaming about sip cups at 11PM or 7AM, etc. etc.

IT conventioneers = A+++ would have room next to again

Has anyone called disney reservations to check if there is more available over the phone? I prefer to book online myself but I think I'd call considering the site has had multiple notices about being put of service in the last 2 weeks or so

I am with you on this. I do not get worked up about crowds. We go to Mardi Gras every year, LSU football games, the French Quarter in N.O. and I guess that helps us not notice people (or their questionable behaviors). Someone mentioned MK closing to capacity on Easter Sunday 2009 and we were there and I swear I had no idea it was that bad LOL

We go when we want to go and we go to the park we want to regardless of crowd calendars. I think if you focus on the people around you it can really ruin a vacation.

I agree! I grew up being in the parks on Christmas day, so a moderate crowd isn't anything to me. I'm a solo traveler now, though. So being able to not worry about losing people in a crowd or keeping the group together may play part in that, too.

As for the site, I've had issues with it lately, as well as the entire system. I was trying to book my Sept. 21-24 trip for MNSSHP and found nothing. TP predicts crowds to be at a max 5 for that weekend.

If you click on a resort that has availability on the page, some resorts will come in the recommended section along the bottom of the page. These will have other rates not displayed on the original search page - that's how I book All Star Movies with the EO discount. It didn't come up in my search and I was scared I'd have to fork over $2000 for a weekend trip at AKL. But with some maneuvering around the site's hiccup, I got a standard room for $137 for the Friday and Saturday and $85 for the Thursday. *Shrug*

Disney needs to hire a better IT guy :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter