• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's up with FW

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We just returned this morning from a weekend stay at FW. I called repeatedly before we left asking for a preferred site, but was always told they were full. :( We saw many open. By the way, does anyone know why the 400 loop was closed? When we checked in, they asked us if we had pets, to which we replied "no". They assigned us to loop 1800, which was a pet loop. :confused: There was a family across from us, which had 3 very loud dogs. It wasn't like they were full and didn't have a choice, as I mentioned there was empty sites in every loop. I was not at all pleased with our location and will call them before our next 2 trips to attempt to assure this never happens again. This loop was not convenient at all, IMHO. Another negative: We returned from AK yesterday melting from the sun, planning to rest then spend the rest of the evening lounging in and around the pool. To our dismay, the Meadows pools was roped off with yellow tape. I don't know if it was all weekend, because we had saved last night, for our pool night. :( Again, does anyone know why the pool was closed? I didn't have time to stop and ask questions, because we really only had 2 days.

This was not the FW I know and love! :(

On a positive note, the transportation was much better. The only thing that would help to make it less confusing, would be signs at each bus stop pointing you in the right direction for the settlement or outpost depots. You know what I mean, big sign that says "settlement depot" w/ an arrow pointing in the right direction, and the same for the outpost depot. After you finally figured out which bus to get on for each depot, the rest was a piece of cake. Getting to the parks and other resorts was much easier. Good move WDW! :D

The 400 loop is being rehabed along with the comfort station. We too have tried calling at the last minute for a reservation and being told nothing is available, but when we arrive they do have a site for us, I think there is a cut off time for making reservations throught the main reservation number, which if true seems like a poor business decision as they would be losing money on sites they could occupy.

The pool may have been closed for cleaning or a chemical treatment.

The 1800 & 1900 loop are way out of the way, we have only sayeed in the 1900 once because that was all that was available at the time, when you check in and you do not like the site they assign, look around for one beeter to your likeing, then call up front and they will usually let you switch, we very rarely accept the site they first assign us, we look at it as a start to the negotiations - its gets us in the campground, we check the site out then do a mad search for a better site and switch, it has always worked out for us so far although we find ourselves getting very picky on our sites now:p :p

They ask everyone if you have pets - that way they can charge you more money:( :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter