What's the unit in AKV

Doris1962

Mouseketeer
If you will post your Use Year, # of points and AKV Unit # I make a chart of who, how much and where. We can calculat percentage ownership and # of points assigned to a unit, and how many ar DISboard 'owned'

-Tony

DISuserID-----Use Year----------Points------Unit #

greenban . . . . . October . . . . . . . .250 . . . . . .35

Tell me what's the unit, I plan to add-on and don't understand this[ ?/U]
thank you

When you add-on, your contract will say your ownership is in XX unit. You wont know what it is until you actually do the add-on. The units are tied to use years, and are added to DVC inventory and assigned as they become available.

Tell me what's the unit, I plan to add-on and don't understand this?
When you purchase a DVC contract, that contract is mapped to some tiny percentage of a particular physical area of the resort. For example, purchasing a 100-point contract at AKV might get you "0.3068% of Unit 35". Unit 35 happens to consist of two 2BR lockoffs, but not every Unit at AKV is the same. Some Units contain just one 2BR lockoff, some contain 3 dedicated studios, others contain one Grand Villa so not every 100-pt contract will equate to 0.3068% of a particular Unit. The makeup of a particular Unit doesn't really matter because when you book at your home resort, you don't stay in the Unit you purchased.

The only time the particular Unit you own would come into play is if the resort suffered some serious damage that affected that Unit. For example, say you owned some small percentage of a particular building at SSR and a fire destroyed just that building. Disney can opt to pay you your share of the insurance proceeds rather than rebuild, at which point you would no longer be an owner at SSR, assuming that was your only SSR contract. There are probably some consequences to you even if they did rebuild that building, such as a suspension of your points during the time that building could not be used, but I'm not sure about that.

So in general, the particular Unit you own is really not important. The main reason I became interested in tracking them here on the boards is to gauge how quickly the resort is selling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter