Whats the most expensive prescription medicine you have gotten?

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
That is the price prior to it being submitted to your insurance?
How much have you had to pay?

I was just curious after receiving enbril today....:scared1:

Whne my DS was born pre-maturely - he had to have synagis injections once a month. Each teeny tiny bottle was $1500 - covered, luckily, by my insurance.

Jenny:)

dh had iv antibiotics at $1500. a dose twice a day for a month for MRSA. Thank God for the insurance.
I take aciphex which is above the normal co-pay at $30. and I believe would cost 200. a month.

DH's Zocor was $160. The previous month it was $80 with insurance. Our pharmacy said our insurance company wanted to urge people to get the generic so they stopped kicking in. Needless to say, we went to the generic.

I've never even known, because we always just paid the deductible and never saw what the regular cost was. Now, we switched to a high deductible insurance and while we haven't seen anything too high yet, I just paid $102 for my PRENATAL VITAMINS!

Enbrel for me too...it's about $1200 per month w/out insurance. I pay $35.

A few years ago I had some migraine meds (don't remember the name) that would have been like $150 per pill without insurance, thank God for insurance

Malarone. It's an anti-malarial specific to Indian sub-continent. About $250 for a month supply of pills that give you dizzy spells. Thankfully, work picked up the tab.

Zofran. Anti-nausea pill that is used for extreme morning sickness and for chemo patients. 10 pills for $25. 10 pills = 3.5 days. That was my co-pay, but the insurance company was billed about $25 per pill. I refilled that prescription for about 7 months. :eek:

Brandie

I have 2 kids on Advair - before the ins. they are $92 each - after ins. they are $50 - not much of a difference but Thank God for Ins.

I've never even known, because we always just paid the deductible and never saw what the regular cost was. Now, we switched to a high deductible insurance and while we haven't seen anything too high yet, I just paid $102 for my PRENATAL VITAMINS!

Try generic versions of the specific brand of prenatals. I thought I would throw them right back up, but I didn't. My cost was about $13/month with generics.

Brandie

Enbrel for me too...it's about $1200 per month w/out insurance. I pay $35.

The bill on mine was $1680...I paid $50..
btw--did it work?
I have fluid on my knee and hope it works..

If I'm not mistaken, I think that there was some antibiotic that my Dr. wanted me to take (started w/an L, Levi-something). Again, if I'm not mistaken, the pharmacist said it was $100 a pill w/insurance!!!! I said "No way -- see if we can do generic!"

I was so sick at the time that I don't know if I remembered the cost correctly, but I do remember thinking "Is the doctor nuts!?!?"

I got some antibiotics and nasal spray that were both almost $200 when I didn't have insurance. My zoloft cost around $50 without insurance. Now that I have insurance (yay!), my zoloft and adderall are $3 each, and my xanax is FREE!

I don't remember how much I paid, but I do remember that Cipro was the most expensive prescription that I have ever paid. After a Mexico trip, almost 5 years ago...I would have paid anything to feel better.

For me it was the Synvisc (total of three shots) I had injected in my knee back in March. It cost a total of $800.00 IIRC. My insurance paid all but $156 of it. I had to pay the balance at the pharmacy when I picked it up.

My husbands insulin is about $300 for a month's supply, we pay about $100. But hey, it beats dying!

Not mine, but when my brother was going through chemo he needed shots of Human Growth Hormone. The shots were around $2500 each, and he needed them either 2 or 3x per day. Insurance did cover them, but my mom dropped and broke one, and insurance wouldn't cover a replacement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter