What's the best way to pay?

Shooby doo

DIS Veteran
For those of you that didn't buy from Disney,how did you pay for your DVC purchase? By this:Did you pay by card? or Money Transfer? We are basically waiting for the $ rate to improve & have got our eyes on Resale & want to choose the option that means we pay the least to turn our £s into the $ required?
Thanks SD :thumbsup2

I paid by Nationwide credit card, no exchange rate fees, but would in future use my Thomas Cook credit card as it has no fees and you get Thomas Cook points to spend on travel.

Claire ;)

For those of you that didn't buy from Disney,how did you pay for your DVC purchase? By this:Did you pay by card? or Money Transfer? We are basically waiting for the $ rate to improve & have got our eyes on Resale & want to choose the option that means we pay the least to turn our £s into the $ required?
Thanks SD :thumbsup2

You might have a long wait, who knows

It looks like we will be using our own Banks wire Transfer system,they charge £20 for amounts under £5k & £30 for over.Looks like we are going to ROFR this weekend! So fingers crossed!:woohoo:
SD:thumbsup2

It looks like we will be using our own Banks wire Transfer system,they charge £20 for amounts under £5k & £30 for over.Looks like we are going to ROFR this weekend! So fingers crossed!:woohoo:

Good luck with ROFR .Where are you hoping to buy. We used the banks transfer for our resale purchase and Nationwide CC for the add on with Disney.

We purchased resale also and paid by bank transfer. I know we had to pay transfer fees twice, once when we sent the deposit and then to send the full balance.

I can't remember how much they were but I do remember this much..... opt to pay ALL fees as there can be a 3rd party bank which handles the transfer in between, and of course they charge! I had ticked the wrong box on our first transfer(girl in the bank was not much help) and the transfer ended up short...only by £10 or so but it was still annoying.

So my advice is that you opt to "PAY ALL CHARGES".
HTH:thumbsup2

Lesley

Thanks for that Lesley,the deposit we can do with our bank over the phone but as the main amount is over £5k we will need to go in for that one,so will keep an eye out for that! we have had an e-mail today stating that it has gone to ROFR (which is good considering I haven't wired the deposit yet!:scared1: ). We are looking to buy at SSR,mainly because of price but also because of the 2054 lease. I will let you all know how we go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter