What's on your "other" packing list?

Jakk

Earning My Ears
Every packing list has the same basic stuff. Clothing, comfy shoes, umbrella blah blah blah. I got all those already!

What are some other things you have packed that came in handy that aren't listed on the usual packing lists? Things like bringing clothes pins or clips to hold the park maps open on the stroller canopy, reusable straws for the parks so you don't have to put up with dissolving paper straws, etc.

Any tips that aren't the usual "don't forget the poncho's, autograph book and pen"?

We're booked for June 25-30th and don't know if it will even be open but I'm packing anyway.

Ziplocks! Of all sizes! I organize my park bag in those so it’s easier for security to see what is in it. I take extra to put leftover popcorn or chips or fries in for later. I put my electronics in them when going on a splashy ride.

I now have a reusable straw and cleaner in its own carrying case.

I had heard there were no more plastic bags at gift shops so I carried my own reusable, but that was NOT my experience at any WDW park gift shop OR Disney Springs World of Disney.

AYR saline gel to put under noses. Keeps germs away on airplane and helps with dryness of hotel rooms not to get nosebleeds
Ziplocks, ziplocks, Baby wipes for tables or ice cream drips, sunglasses for all in pictures , sports cool mist towels
I’m sure I’ll think of a few more nontraditional items later and will add on

• White noise machine and earplugs to make sleep possible
  • A gallon freezer bag filled with multiple sized ziplocks and a few plastic grocery bags for leftover snacks, keeping things dry, to put on my seat on Splash Mountain if it’s wet, etc.
  • Lots of bandaids because first aid is sometimes on the opposite end of the park, and you never know when you need some in your hotel room
  • Pre-made mousekeeping thank you notes (no pens or paper in rooms now it seems) and an envelope of one dollar bills from the bank for various tips throughout the stay
  • Ponchos from the dollar store
  • Bug spray because I still get eaten alive at resort bus stops
  • A tiny travel bottle of laundry detergent in case I need to wash something in the sink to rewear during the trip
  • Wet wipes and hand sanitizer
  • A few trash bags for dirty clothes
  • Extra contacts because I’m always afraid the wind will blow them out of my eyes on a rollercoaster one of these days :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter