What's on the menu for Christmas morning?

Tiggerkeeper

<font color=9900FF>DIS Veteran<font color=0099FF><
Traditionally at our house I prepare a breakfast treat and hot choc/flavored coffees how about you? Care to share your menu?

This is so quick and easy and I have shared before but it is a must at our house on Christmas morning. Not to mention it is yummy too! One new item on the menu will be Frunch from AKL!

Breakfast Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

1 Can crescent rolls
1 Roll sausage (use any flavor sausage, maple is very good)
2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 Eggs
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Spread crescent rolls in 9x12 pan
Fry sausage and drain, crumble and put on top of rolls
Sprinkle cheese over sausage
Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper
Pour egg mixture over cheese

Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes or until firm

Melissa

I have also made overnight jumbo cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast! Served with fruit and cheese for a complete meal.

Mmmm. That sounds good. Bet you could even get most of it done the night before, and just add the egg mixture Christmas morning. We are always up so late on Christmas Eve (usually about 2:30 in the morning) that muffins are usually on our menu. I might give this one a try this year.

Well, we will be at WDW dining at the Cape May Cafe, so I will have to let you know when we return. :p

We had been having fruit stollen, another type of sweet roll (last year it was Cinnabon), juice, cocoa for some & flavored coffee for the others, clementines & fresh pineapple. That's just to nibble on while we open gifts. Then for lunch we've been having crab rangoon (made ahead), cheese, ring bologna, cold shrimp, a veggie tray & anything else that strikes my fancy & can be made ahead.

This year, though, I'm planning to do a sort of Disney brunch buffet. Definitely Boma's Frunch & fruit stollen (a tradition). Tentative items include some, but not all of the following:
Breakfast Lasagna from Crystal Palace
Cindy's Au Gratin Potatoes
Cindy's Cheese French Toast
Dole Whips
Boma's Banana Bread Pudding
WCC Strawberry-Banana Bread
1900's Strawberry Soup

We're not due at my older sister's until dinner time, so I need to serve both breakfast & lunch items. The problem is that we tend to eat too much here & then don't want to eat at her house. Since MsSocks comes here to sleep C'mas Eve & stays through lunch, it kind of gets touchy. We're hungry & want to eat, but don't want to hurt the other one's feelings. (And she can't come up here as my house is not handicapped accessible.)

Bottom line is that I'm still looking for some good ideas!!

d

I'm making DH and myself
Eggs Benedict
Hashbrown (or some other type of breakfast potato)
Fresh Fruit
Coffee, of course
Orange Juice for him, some other juice for me (I'm allergic to oranges).

That casserole sounds great. I think I am going to make that when we the kids on the weekend before Christmas. Thanks!

ladies guilettes......these are little dough pieces that are like a cup round.....and we slowly fry them in a wee bit of oil and turn them over......when the dough is cooked in the center.....take out and open...but do not cut open....YIKES.....and put on butter and dunk in your tea that has milk and sugar in it........yummy......

Pumba, you have my curiosity up are the ladies guilettes made from a yeast dough and are they sweet before you dunk them or are they like cake donuts that have no sweetness on their own?

Melissa

Saturday night meals with home made bread......so always there would be dough left over so Sunday Am, le guilettes would be made and the sweetness was from the tea.....this is so good.......but the secret to a good one is to make sure it rises in the frying pan and it is cooked slowly.......I am making some for tomorrow......I LOVE THIS.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter