Whats my chance of RNR at rope drop after TSL?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
So we are going to Disney July 22nd. We have tickets for TSL early morning magic. We plan on getting there and early and in right away. Hoping we are done and ready to leave TSL by 8:50 if my kids have had enough of the three rides there. We are hoping to AK in the afternoon so we are using our FP there. My son is finally 48" and I so badly want him to ride RNR. Ive read some reviews on the TSL thread about how its a cluster to ride ToT or RNR at Rope drop? Can anyone give me advice? Has it gotten any better? If we leave TSL at 8:50 how far can we go before having to stop at ropes? It seems like ToT seems to have the higher waits quicker. We will be going on a Tuesday if that makes a difference. I really hate how they herd people behind ropes and make it harder. If they just let people walk leisurely and freely it would be way less hectic. When we tried to get to BTM one time after FL early magic morning it was awful and it just causes the crowds to pile up. Rather than letting people just walk at their own pace and separated and then hold them at the rides. Its really a stupid and unsafe way to manage people.

I guess it can vary base don the circumstances of crowd or what's happening that day (e.g., other rides down), but I have never had a problem getting on either ToT or RnR at rope drop. Wait has always been ess than 20 minutes. Seems like most people rugh toward TSL and the corner with thse rides is not as bad. Good luck

We were able to ride both RNRC and TOT twice in an hour after rope drop. This was rope drop after a 7am EMH in August. I'm pretty sure we left TSL right after after they let in the general public.

We did EMM on memorial day and headed straight to rock N roller coaster after. Posted wait was 45 minutes but it was only about 20 (ToT was showing a 95 min wait) We tried to hurry but were definitely not ahead of the rope drop crowd. It was about 907 when we got there. We were able to get to breakfast in plenty of time afterwards (EMM breakfast ends at 10.)

The key is to find answers from people who have done this since the Tower of terror refurbishment started. Before that, it was no problem to do both rides after EMM with short wsits, but now that is not possible, it seems.

By your post, I am assuming park opening is 9?
With EMM, the crowds tend to be small. You should have no problems riding everything in TSL by 8:30, including photo ops. Be there before the 7 am opening to get the most out of you EMM ticket.
They will start letting the crowd into TSL about 8:45, so you will be swimming upstream. I would take the route by the Brown Derby if they will let you at that time.
As the crowds are headed to TSL, there should be only a few headed back to RnRC and ToT. They may or may not let you back there before 9. I would do ToT first as there is only 1 elevator going during rehab and the line can grow. Then do RnRc.
This should still be before 10, so go back to TSL and get you breakfast that was part of EMM.

We always use single rider for rock n roller. We almost always at worse get split up by one train. I haven't gotten a FP for Rock in a long time since we started using single rider. When I do get a FP..its always after the first 3. booked. I always advise single rider lines when you can.

Given when they're letting RD into the park, I would bump your TSL exit from 8:50 to 8:40. As PP said, at 8:50 RD will be ahead of you.

With the single rider advice- that line on RnRC can be slower than regular line- also your children might (probably won’t be in the same car as you (you didn’t mention ages but sound younger and especially with son just being tall enough) that might not be a good option.

You have to watch ToT for its refurbishment schedule, its operating at half capacity until complete. I would RD that if still being refurb, then head over to RNR. Unfortunately, single rider RNR is not a guarantee of faster (like it has been for EE). My last 3 attempts to use, I noted someone in the regular line & they rode long before me.

I’d say leave around 8:35 or 8:40 from TSL, do ToT because of the refurbishment which will make longer lines, then do RnR. When is your first AK FP?

We always use single rider for rock n roller. We almost always at worse get split up by one train. I haven't gotten a FP for Rock in a long time since we started using single rider. When I do get a FP..its always after the first 3. booked. I always advise single rider lines when you can.

Our kids are 10 and 7 and the 7 year old has never been on RnR so I dont think Id feel comfortable just sending them on their own and not sitting with us.

By your post, I am assuming park opening is 9?
With EMM, the crowds tend to be small. You should have no problems riding everything in TSL by 8:30, including photo ops. Be there before the 7 am opening to get the most out of you EMM ticket.
They will start letting the crowd into TSL about 8:45, so you will be swimming upstream. I would take the route by the Brown Derby if they will let you at that time.
As the crowds are headed to TSL, there should be only a few headed back to RnRC and ToT. They may or may not let you back there before 9. I would do ToT first as there is only 1 elevator going during rehab and the line can grow. Then do RnRc.
This should still be before 10, so go back to TSL and get you breakfast that was part of EMM.

Thanks! I plan on being there and fingers crossed everything is running. I do not think my family will want to ride things more than 3 times. Were just not a ride something 6 times in a row group especially these. But I wanted to do the EMM bc otherwise we wouldn't get a chance as we wont wait hours for something nor sprint to a ride. We did it in FL and it was great. I think we'll skip TOT honestly. We've done it before and priority will be RnR because my son hasn't ridden it and he loves roller coasters.

I’d say leave around 8:35 or 8:40 from TSL, do ToT because of the refurbishment which will make longer lines, then do RnR. When is your first AK FP?

I do not think we'll do ToT Unless we get lucky and waits are low after RnR because that ride is our priority as my son has never been able to ride and he's finally tall enough :) We have dining at Tuusker house at 12:30 then our FP are after that. So we need to leave HS I think by like 11:30 so were not rushing? We are renting a car so we don't have to depend on Disney transportation!

In late May we did this. Left TSL just after everyone else was let in and stopped for a bathroom break. We were able to get onto R&R without the preshow and then circled back to do it again and were the first group held at the preshow for our second ride.

In late May we did this. Left TSL just after everyone else was let in and stopped for a bathroom break. We were able to get onto R&R without the preshow and then circled back to do it again and were the first group held at the preshow for our second ride.

Good to know! I had just read some reviews about how bad it was trying to get over there even before 9. But hopefully we'll get lucky and it will be ok! I dont want to skip out of EMM to early but I do think we can be done by 8:40 especially if were there early and get in as soon as it starts. I am not worried about breakfast. Unless we have time to go before 10 after we do RnR we'll just skip that park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter