What's happening

BeerMe

DIS Veteran
I just looked at rides and it shows almost half the rides in all four parks are closed. Power outage ala NYC?.

Just a passing storm. We are local (2 miles from the MK castle) and it was intense for about 15 minutes. Its pretty much passed through now and you should see things start up again.

I was wondering the same thing. It wasn’t just outdoor rides that are closed. At Epcot Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, FEA, and Mission Space are all showing closed currently.

Power surges were reported throughout the parks that shutdown rides and shows. Some shows are using generators.

I just noticed this too and came to see if anyone knew why so many indoor rides were closed. Must have been a wicked little storm!

We were at Animal Kingdom during the storm and yes, almost every ride (indoor and outdoor) was closed for a while. The storm came and went pretty quickly but it was a strong one.

We were in line for Test Track and the cast members announced lightning had hit a substation that knocked out power to the ride. Test Track would have to be reset and tested and the delay would be longer than just waiting out the storm. They gave us fast passes for the inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts