What's going on ???

disnee9

Mouseketeer
I have been researching rooms for the second week of October at Pop Century. The only type available was standard and everything else said unavailable. We are 7 months out, so surely all the rooms aren't spoken for ????

I'm worried that when we actually decide on the specific days we are going that there will be nothing available.

Any thoughts or explanations ? Am I just too early ??

Moved this to the Resorts forum. :-)

But this post is eerily familiar from abundant posts last fall. “I can’t find availability anywhere” was a nearly constant refrain around these boards.

Also FWIW, 10/8 is Columbus Day and that weekend is one of the bigger drivers of October crowds, fall breaks, etc. Also I believe Gartner (big IT conference) is right around that week too this year.

Good luck OP.

I have been researching rooms for the second week of October at Pop Century. The only type available was standard and everything else said unavailable. We are 7 months out, so surely all the rooms aren't spoken for ????

I'm worried that when we actually decide on the specific days we are going that there will be nothing available.

No availability is always a possibility. It's not a matter of being too early. WDW doesn't hold back inventory. It's more likely no availability and the hotel booking algorithm working against you. Pop is also incredibly popular. I would suggest having a back-up plan and getting your dates set ASAP. There are people who book much, much farther out than 7 months. I myself have had a December 2018 trip booked since January.

What's your start and end date that you are looking for?

Nothing wrong with a standard room at Pop. Jump on it!

All the buildings are T shaped with the elevators in the crux so that means you exit the building in the same place whether you’re standard or preferred.

Request a lake view room in Building 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, you’ll be close to the bus stops and food court.

I know exactly what you mean. Although it was for the Poly, not the Pop, I started researching our fall 2018 trip about 2 weeks after we got back from our fall 2017 one, and though the 2018 one was a full year out from when I was looking, we just barely got one of the last 2 rooms we could afford. The resorts do seem to be filling up quicker than they used to, never had that problem before. Good luck! Definitely book as soon as you can. :thumbsup2

Would definitely grab the standard rooms at Pop if that is where you want to stay, and keep an eye out for preferred to open - people do change dates and resorts, so things can open up - or choose another hotel that is a second choice, and watch for Pop rooms. Since you are just putting down a deposit, it can't hurt to have a room if you definitely want to go at that time, and switch later if you can. You can also try breaking up your week - sometimes you can get 2 reservations when you can't get the whole week, and then ask for them to be linked, like Sun - Wed, and Thur-Sat, or your first night standard and rest preferred. We had trouble getting all our days last Nov., and did three nts standard/1 nt preferred (no standard available) at ASMu, and last nt at AoA ( wanted to try LM room so that was planned when we added another day). We actually loved Broadway location in standard so much, we opted out if preferred switch for last nt there, and got a refund, which worked out as they needed the preferred room (guess had overbooked) and left a message on phone in room (that we totally missed ) asking us if we'd like to stay in current room.

Standard rooms at Pop can be just as close as preferred and rooms open up since people tend to book at more than one place then release rooms. If you are worried about it, I would go ahead and book now then keep watching every once in awhile and you can always change it. Also, check third party web site, often Disney will show something not available but you can find it on Orbitz or Travelocity.

Ten, not 7. Also, 1 and 10 (and7) have no lake view.

You’re right. I was thinking about which buildings are close. Duh!

“Lakeview” is not a bookable category, but all lakeside rooms are standard. I asked for it every time we stayed at Pop and always got what I requested.

Building 4 lakeview, 4th floor, was my favorite. Not only was it a quick walk to the bus stop, we could see MK fireworks, the top of the Dolphin and Illuminations fireworks if we went down one end of the building.

Pop standard rooms are often quieter than preferred (some have alot of foot traffic) or pool view.

If you want to go then, to Pop, I wouldn't hesitate to grab a standard view room. We're staying standard in April (and we've stayed preferred, pool, and preferred pool).

We just stayed there with a standard room and it was great! We were right next to the parking lot and bus stop so our walk to and from buses was so short. I would take that over lake view because we are in the parks most of the time anyway. We were in room 0435.

It is the stupid booking algorithm Disney uses for the site. Call and see what's available.

October is now one of the busiest months at Disney World, so resorts do fill up quickly for that time of year.

Last edited:
Happened to me too when I was booking our room for the last week of January into Feb. I checked back randomly and some rooms opened up but they were gone just as fast. While we were there we saw lots of cheer/sports groups etc.. I'm guessing thats what accounted for the rooms being unavailable.

October is no longer a slow time (if it ever was).

Oh it was, but that ship sailed!!
OP if you ant a room at POP, book what is available. You can always make a change if your preference opens, but better to book the prefered resort and know you have your room than to wait and end up booking elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter