What's for dinner tonight?

Phatoomch

DIS Veteran
Welcome to 'What's for dinner tonight' :goodvibes

I thought this board would help all those who have that every day challenge of "What shall I do for dinner tonight"

I cook from fresh almost every night so it is a constant battle to come up with new ideas but mainly quick & stress-free meals at the end of hectic day.

I'll start :)

Tonight I am doing Spanish Chicken ... don't know if thats it name, its just what I call it :p

Ingredients: chicken cuts (I use either leg quarters or breast with rib if they are on offer), two cans of chopped tomatos with chillis, can of tomato sauce, 1 onion, 1 red & green bell pepper, oregano and black pepper.

Now here comes the super easy prep! Takes less than 10mins.

Slice onion and peppers how you like.

Place chicken in ovenproof dish then cover with onions & peppers, pour over all tomatos, spinkle a good pinch of oregano and black pepper.

Shove in oven til chicken is cooked - about one hour. (stir as best as you can half way through cooking)

Serve with that instant rice.

I love this dish during the week because it is quick, easy and very flavourful :)

BTW, I am originally from the UK so if anyone is looking for easy british dishes just ask :)

They got a thread on the community boards on this and it gets alot of hits.

I think it belongs here tho.

Whats for dinner tonight for us is Easy grilled chops:
Ingredients
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 (1/2-inch) bone-in pork chops (about 3 ounces each)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Begin by making the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, cumin and red pepper flakes. Easy, right?

Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a re-sealable plastic bag with the marinade. Let rest on the counter for 1 hour. That's easy.

Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Remove the pork chops from the bag and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until the pork chop releases from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. If using a grill pan, be sure to do in batches so you don't steam the chops. And don't worry if you have neither; you can do this in a pan. See, easy!

Serve with your fav mac salad!!!YUMMY and EASY>>:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter