Whats after reflections

The Majors are typically put at Boardwalk these days. Swan-Dolphin also has space and soemtimes coordinate with Disney for the Really Big Ones, like Gartner. Theere are also meeting rooms over in that sector for maller stuff -- there is a lot of CME that gets done over there.

The space at Coronado was just upgraded for the mid-tier events.

spaces at places like grand Flo are for smaller meetings.

The contemporary hasn't really been updated and is mostly overflow thee days, or for conventions bigger than Coronado but too cheap for Boardwalk. It's a bit of a white elephant. It's definitely not maximizing value.

I don't think it would get connected to the monorail.

They'll need to get Anaheim to modify the Area Plan and Zoning Code to do it, which will require regime change in Anaheim. Disney is not in good repute with Anaheim City Council right now. The Area Plan is very specific and makes it impossible for Disney to add timeshare units without city approval, and limits the number unless the rules are modified through city action.
I remember reading that they had a plan for a second DVC at Disney Land a few years ago, but it got scrapped due to them not getting some tax credits. I'm sure it can be resolved, especially considering the demand there would be for this hotel. They could run up the price fairly decently and make up for any tax credits lost.

I believe VGC has less than 50 rooms. Wouldn't that mean they can sell another DVC with about 100 rooms before they hit the 150 cap.

I remember reading that they had a plan for a second DVC at Disney Land a few years ago, but it got scrapped due to them not getting some tax credits. I'm sure it can be resolved, especially considering the demand there would be for this hotel. They could run up the price fairly decently and make up for any tax credits lost.

I believe VGC has less than 50 rooms. Wouldn't that mean they can sell another DVC with about 100 rooms before they hit the 150 cap.

There was a second hotel that was actually being built to take advantage of the city's tax break for a new luxury hotel. They closed down several restaurants in DTD and were actually starting construction, but was shut down due to disagreements with the city council. There was speculation that they could put a DVC there, but that was speculation at best. Other speculation was that after the new hotel was built, they would turn one of the Disneyland Hotel towers into DVC, but again it was mostly just spitballing.

I think it is unlikely a DVC will open at Disneyland anytime soon, though just my opinion.

Great question! 👍 I think Disney should focus on updating Future World and then build a DVC Epcot gate hotel.

Also, this is a pipe dream, but I’d love to see a “DVC moderate” at POR/FQ. They could build an additional DVC building, and put it on an Epcot to Disney Springs spur of the gondolas. In the remote chance this ever happened, I would be begging Disney to take my money!

My understanding on the rule was that Anaheim considered lockoffs as 2 rooms, because they considered uniquely bookable rooms, so it is 71 rooms. Else DVC could create a large lockoff do that to get around the limits.

Also the second DVC there was nothing more than a rumor. The hotel itself was scraped because Anaheim took away the tax credit because the city felt that by moving the location of the hotel it no longer qualified.

I think a front gate Epcot/FW resort could be likely.

What about a DVC at a SoCal beach, not in Anaheim, but offer bus service to DL?

Is a Port Orleans DVC likely do you think? Or by Coronado Springs? Maybe they could do some sort of Skyliner-type transportation to connect to AK and HS from there.

All pure speculation :)

To my knowlege there was the Persian, Venetian and Asian in the original WDW plans (I always recommend the book RealityLand)
I’m adding that book to my reading list next!

My understanding on the rule was that Anaheim considered lockoffs as 2 rooms, because they considered uniquely bookable rooms, so it is 71 rooms. Else DVC could create a large lockoff do that to get around the limits.

This is correct. Anaheim consider VGC to be 71 units.

While this technically leaves 79 under the cap, to create those 79 Anaheim requires them to prove that this does not reduce available bookable occupancy, and Disney must be granted permits by Anaheim. Disney can't just look at, say, DLH, poof 79 units into existence, and start selling.

Anaheim is a much different place than LBV.

What about a DVC at a SoCal beach, not in Anaheim, but offer bus service to DL?

Actually, DVC announced a resort at Newport Coast in 1994. They never started construction, and officially cancelled the project in 1997. Property was sold to Marriott, and they built Marriott Newport Coast Villas timeshare on the site.

Could be an expansion @ Poly.

Here's what Tikiman predicted on another board back when when PVB was being built.

WL – room conversions & new cabins
YC – room conversions
CBR - new buildings and a new waterway connecting it to Epcot by boat
FW
PVB (phase 2)

3 for 4 so far (and in the correct order). Pretty good prognostication.

Rumor is that the hotel rooms in the new wing were built in a way to be easily converted to DVC. If you look at the annual dues budget, it shows 203 hotel units and 48 vacation ownership units. I don’t understand how it works but they are connected. https://www.**********.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/DVC-Grand-Cal-2017-Resort-Budget.pdf

25884dd.jpg

Last edited:
This is an interesting topic to hear people’s creativity. Would be cool if they re-theme All star sports into something different that could be another genre similar to Movies and Music. Then build out another moderate closer to the north of WWoS (I couldn’t tell you what’s actually on that land so may not even be possible). Don’t make just another all star sports type resort but more immersive experience similar to what’s being done for NBA experience but do it across multiple sports. Connect the gondolas from the Pop and AoA area down across the highway.

The space between the T&TC and the CR was found to not be able to support the Persian resort. So the plans were dropped. So I don't think anything will go in there unless it's just 1 or 2 stories high.
Is that why they never built another BLT tower on the second wing at the Contemporary? I always thought that would follow right away.

Is that why they never built another BLT tower on the second wing at the Contemporary? I always thought that would follow right away.
They are two different areas and I would assume with a convention center and the wing that the land is likely suitable in that area (with some build up). I assume they didn’t want to glutton the MK resort area with DVC and the CR might be running on the cash side at the high occupancy they want. I only see real cash conversions happening when occupancy is below expectations which I’m guessing CR no longer is having that issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts