What's a good hotel near the port?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide if we should stay at a Disney/Universal hotel the night before our cruise in January or if we should stay at a hotel near the port. We'd like to stay somewhere nice and I don't really know the area. Where do people typically stay?

I'm trying to decide if we should stay at a Disney/Universal hotel the night before our cruise in January or if we should stay at a hotel near the port. We'd like to stay somewhere nice and I don't really know the area. Where do people typically stay?

I think the nicest hotel in Cocoa Beach is the Hilton. It right on the beach and also has a nice pool area and tiki bar. That being said, if you are already at the parks, I would stay there and just drive to port in the morning.

I think the nicest hotel in Cocoa Beach is the Hilton. It right on the beach and also has a nice pool area and tiki bar. That being said, if you are already at the parks, I would stay there and just drive to port in the morning.
We are only staying at a hotel one night, so no park time it would be just to sleep really and have dinner.

Normally, I'm all for Disney. I have no complaints about their DCL transfers, and when time isn't an issue, they're fun. So if you're interested in going that route, I say Disney all the way. But, if you're driving your own vehicle or a rental, I-4 traffic is the absolute worst. :furious: Last time we just stayed in Cocoa Beach at the Four Points by Sheraton, and when we cruise out of there again in November, we'll stay in Cocoa again. It's just easier and less stressful. Five minute drive to the port, virtually no traffic. Glorious.

Edit: Is this for your honeymoon...? Don't do Four Points, lol. It was fine for before our cruise. Seriously. But for something special? No.

We are only staying at a hotel one night, so no park time it would be just to sleep really and have dinner.

We are doing this for our WBPC cruise in Feb. (flying in from South Florida) we have decided to do an afternoon and dinner at Disney Springs, then take the DCL cruise bus to the port the morning of the cruise.

The Marriott Residence Inn is where we usually stay when we go straight to Port Canaveral and its nice and clean. But I like the Disney touch better the day before.

Have fun!

Edit: Is this for your honeymoon...? Don't do Four Points, lol. It was fine for before our cruise. Seriously. But for something special? No.
It is :) But since we are going up after work we won't be getting to the hotel around 8pm so probably a late dinner and then sleep so it doesn't have to be too luxurious. We'll be in concierge for the week so we'll be pampered enough then :)

If the Country Inn & Suites is still there, it was right across from the port. They offered free parking for you during your cruise and a free shuttle to and from the port. We have stayed there a couple of times and thought it was nice and clean. And super convenient!

If the Country Inn & Suites is still there, it was right across from the port. They offered free parking for you during your cruise and a free shuttle to and from the port. We have stayed there a couple of times and thought it was nice and clean. And super convenient!

Yes, the Country Inn & Suites is still there; we've stayed there before DCL cruises in the past and have a reservation for the night before our next cruise in August. Can't speak to the shuttle service but the vibe, IMHO, is way more family-friendly than some other nearby hotels we tried. Super-close to the port.

If it were me, I'd do Disney World for sure. Maybe Beach Club to do a nice dinner at the Yachtsman and morning swim in Stormalong bay before heading out!

Like a PP I'd 2nd Country Inn and Suites and have done the stay-n-park there a few times when driving from up north. I know it was closed for a period after last years big storm so make sure it has opened again (did not appear so when we sailed in Feb). There is nothing like waking up and seeing outside your window the ship waiting there for us. We have never had a bad experience there (the shuttle drivers - a couple each in their own bus) were fantastic. Just recognize A LOT of people staying are cruising and it is family geared hotel so expect a really busy and loud breakfast as everyone gets ready for the shuttles.

To get the free parking for the length of cruise do you need to have a certain number of night stay? We are planning on only being there for one night before the cruise.

Like a PP I'd 2nd Country Inn and Suites and have done the stay-n-park there a few times when driving from up north. I know it was closed for a period after last years big storm so make sure it has opened again (did not appear so when we sailed in Feb). There is nothing like waking up and seeing outside your window the ship waiting there for us. We have never had a bad experience there (the shuttle drivers - a couple each in their own bus) were fantastic. Just recognize A LOT of people staying are cruising and it is family geared hotel so expect a really busy and loud breakfast as everyone gets ready for the shuttles.
I'm ok with that, we probably would just head over as early as possible to the cruise and just eat there. Or I'll sleep in and my Fiance will eat at the hotel lol. Would you recommend the shuttle or just calling an uber?

We just got back and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Port Canaveral the night before our cruise. Hotel was clean, had a free breakfast, and offered a shuttle in the morning for $5 per person. I believe the hotel also offers and a "park and stay" package too. The port is less than five minutes away from the hotel and there were several options for restaurants within walking distance as well as delivery. Hotel is more geared towards families, but has everything you need for a one night stay before the cruise and was clean.

We just got back and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Port Canaveral the night before our cruise. Hotel was clean, had a free breakfast, and offered a shuttle in the morning for $5 per person. I believe the hotel also offers and a "park and stay" package too. The port is less than five minutes away from the hotel and there were several options for restaurants within walking distance as well as delivery. Hotel is more geared towards families, but has everything you need for a one night stay before the cruise and was clean.

To get the free parking for the length of cruise do you need to have a certain number of night stay? We are planning on only being there for one night before the cruise.

I don't believe there is a length of stay requirement, or least there was not when we stayed there several years ago. We just stayed the night before the cruise. Check out their website or give 'em a call to ask! :-)

Country Inn and Suites. We have stayed there 4 times and 4 Points once. I would definitely do the Country Inn again and not the 4 Points. Better breakfast, rooms and shuttle. The only reason we didn't stay on our last cruise was it was being renovated due to the hurricane. We are going again Thanksgiving and staying at the Country Inn and Suites.

I let my Fiance know that Country Inn and Suites is getting the majority of recommendation so he's going to look into it today :) Thank you everyone.

I'm ok with that, we probably would just head over as early as possible to the cruise and just eat there. Or I'll sleep in and my Fiance will eat at the hotel lol. Would you recommend the shuttle or just calling an uber?

We have always done the shuttle (which is free) and if the same couple are there running as previous, they add a great uplift to the rush to get over to the port with a lot of humor (they had a previously been recognized as employees of the year I believe for the chain). When checking in let them know you'd like the shuttle and they'll slot you in to times available (or call the hotel prior to book yourself for the shuttle). Just remember that shuttles are not allowed in early to the terminal so if wanting to wait in line for the opening of the terminal then Uber it would need to be. And as PP states it is the cruise-n-park or cruise parking rate you want that includes the parking and shuttle there and back after.

I let my Fiance know that Country Inn and Suites is getting the majority of recommendation so he's going to look into it today :) Thank you everyone.

Hi FSU girl! Please be sure to book the Cruise Package as I don't think just booking a room will work. Happy planning and Bon Voyage! :sail:

We stay at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach. They offer a shuttle if you need it and they have a nice pool and are close to a few restaurants. Updated Courtyard and bigger than standard rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter