• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What year were Painted Mickey's outside of MK?

poohbear8

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right place to ask....I am trying to sort through photos from past trips. I just stumbled on a bunch of photos of the Mickey statues that were on display outside MK. Each one was painted by a different person or group. When they were done, they went on display around the country.

Can anyone tell me which year this was? :confused3

We saw them in Washington, DC in April 2005. Not sure if they were there before or after they were in WDW

I live outside of DC and I know they left WDW and headed here, so it would be before 2005. I'm leaning towards 2003 or 2004. The pictures were not with pictures of the kids and have no dates on them.

I don't remember for sure but it was either 2004 or 2005, I think. I remember seeing them advertised and I didn't get there until late in that year (which ever it was) and they were gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter