What would you do?

MaggieMouse

Mouseketeer
These are my two options:

1. I can go to WDW in June with just my DS (8) and DD (1). We would stay at either Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary (both convenient for MK). I can get great room rates (we'd be checking in 6/21) and great flights, hopefully when I book at end of Februrary. We would probably be able to stay for the week and I would just get 5 day hoppers for me and DS.

2. The whole family can go in November (including DH) after Thanksgiving. Much more expensive and we can only go for 5 days and will have to stay at CBR (which I love so this is not a problem). Would probably end up doing Resort Magic because it was just to stressful to do everything separate last time. Flights are also more expensive at this time and we will have to pay airfare for DD because she will be two.

DH could go either way because he travels a lot with his AAU basketball team in the summer. He says he can wait a year or so to go back.

What would you do?

We've been in June, July, Dec. and November. This year we went the week after Thanksgiving and will never go at another time again. We usually go once a year. The weather was perfect, the crowds were minimal and you get to see all the Christmas decorations. For us, there is nothing like Disney at Christmas. The Candlelight Processional is always beyond description as well as the Osborne Lights. Even though it costs a bit more, I would vote for the week after Thanksgiving. You can't get that experience anywhere else or at any other time of the year -- even at Disney.

Well, being a DH, and the Disneyholic of the family, I wouldn't want my DW going without me. On the other hand, if he's OK with it and you have the chance of staying at WL or CR, I would go for it. That time of the year, which I have never been, should require a couple of extra days to lounge at the pool and relax. Our favorite time is Thanksgiving and after.

That's a tough decision! We arrived at WDW the day after Thanksgiving last year and stayed through the following week. It was wonderful! The Christmas decorations were beautiful and the weather was perfect. Once Thanksgiving weekend was over, the crowds were non-existent!

We contemplated a trip in May this year, but once I looked into it further, I found that it is actually less expensive to go in November. The flights may be a little more, but the resorts were less. My DH isn't a "Disney-holic", so he's not going this time. I'll be traveling with my 3 kids and my parents.

I probably didn't help at all with your decision! It's hot and crowded in June. It's not too hot and much less crowded in November.

Just my two cents!
Beth

i think cmas....its really cool there and also there will be no crowds

but then in june there will be crowds but longer hours

maybe go cmas thi syear and june next year? or other way around?

I'd look for Lots of specials and try to do both! We went to WDW last December and it was our cheapest trip yet. We're from the MA and got $75 RT Airfare and $49 ASMo. We're going next month for $101 RT and ASMu for $94 (that's killing me, but I'm working on it.) If I were you, I'd kinda plan for November.December, but watch for airfare specials. If a good deal comes out for JUne, take it; but AP's for great room rates and go twice! Whadaya Think?
Be sure to sign up for Travelocity Fare Watcher and Southwest promos (if they fly from your area)

I'm going in June with just my DS and DD. We're trying to get a Wilderness Lodge woodsview but may end up staying at CBR. We're going for 6 days 5 nights. I'm getting 7 day hopper plus for me and DS (DD doesn't need one). I only plan on going to the major parks 4 days, 5 days tops! The other days, we will go to a water park and DD.

If codes come out for November, we're going to go then too with DH. DS will miss one day of school and DH will just have to deal! :D When we go back, DS and I will still have days and plus options so we won't need to purchase additional tickets.

Now send some pixie dust to get some CHEAP airline tickets!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter