What Would You Do In This Situation?

Olivia

Earning My Ears
My family are planning our second trip to Disney next year 2002! During our last visit - we stayed on site (ASMusic) and would love to do the same thing this time. However.... we would like to see Sea World and possibly Cape Canavral. We don't want to rent a car. Is it possible to get shuttles from Disney to these places. What would you do?

We rented a car for the last two days of our holiday so we could do stuff off site. That worked out really well. A shuttle picked us up and took us to the rental place with no hassles. It was also nice to drive to the airport when we wanted to. If you really do not want a rental car I have read that there are shuttles available but do not know about them. I have also read that other people took taxi's or limo service.

I know shuttles are available, but I think it would probably be cheaper to rent a car, especially if their are 3 or more of you. You could switch hotels for your last few days to one that has shuttle to SeaWorld and Universal. You would probably have to take a cab to make the hotel change though.

We always rent a car for the entire stay. We are going in April for 9 days and thought about renting a car for only a couple days to do the beach and stuff, but it works out almost the same to rent the car for the whole stay. We are renting a Hertz car for $236.00 CANADIAN FUNDS for the week. Our insurance covers it so we aren't paying extra. Gas is not that bad. Three years ago we went and I think we paid $9.00 for gas the whole week. Although we are staying on Disney property I like having a car. I got PS for Cindy's and the CM told us that we should add about 45 minutes in planning if we take Disney transportation. I might take the Disney buses occasionally when we split up to do different parks, but I like the cost and convenience of the car is worth it! Under $300.00 CDN for 9 days is great!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

Hi, I just got back and couldn't imagine being there without a car. The convenience of coming and going where and when you please is justified as the car rental rates are low and gas is cheap! We liked being able to go off site to eat and to go shopping. We did Canaveral and Daytona Beach in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter