• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you choose??

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
If you had a choice of the following, what would you go for and why?

2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel (not Castle Club)
3 nights at the New York
4 nights at Sequoia Lodge
5 nights at Santa Fe

All the above are coming in at roughly the same price for Feb 2005 (I want to go in Feb 2006 so I'm using these prices as a guesstimate)

Our local airport (Exeter) is starting flights to Charles de Gaulle from next month so that will be very convenient :) although probably slightly more expensive.

We have been to DLP once before (Feb 2004) and to WDW many times if that helps with your choice :teeth: Any ideas gratefully received!

Ooops, should have said we stayed in SL before and loved it.

Cheers

Karen

Would go either to SL or HNY :-)

Reason: weather in Februar might be bad and then you will be glad to have a hotel where you have a pool and dont have to leave hotel for breakfast or so.

DLH might be too short cause i mostly prefer 3 or more nights...but we often stay only 1 or 2 nights :cool1:

Greets Renate

Ooh Karen - this is a tricky one!! But I think I agree with Renate - either SL or HNY. You want a hotel and room that you're happy to come back to if the weather gets really lousy, and having the option of the swimming pool would be good too. Much as I love the rooms at HNY, I would probably go with the extra night at SL, which is obviously a choice of hotel you would be very happy with. 2 nights at the DL isn't enough, however lovely the hotel might be.

JMHO

5 nights at Santa Fe for me!! When I'm asleep I don't care if it's posh or not and 5 nights are definitely better than 2!!! :teeth:

diberry said:
5 nights at Santa Fe for me!! When I'm asleep I don't care if it's posh or not and 5 nights are definitely better than 2!!! :teeth:

I agree completely! That and I found SL very underwhelming.

On a side note, I'm in Exeter too!

Was wondering how many in your party, Karen?

If more than two in one room (we are three), I'd definitely go SL over Santa Fe. We were there at Christmas during a cold and foggy period and really liked the warmth and ambience of SL compared to the cramp of SF the last time we went.

I'd be tempted by either 3 nights at the New York or 4 in Sequioa Lodge.

I think that 3 or 4 nights is the best length for a trip there, unless you were planning to visit Paris or do some shopping while you're there. We stayed for 3 nights on my last trip, and even with my fanatical touring, we felt that we'd seen everything by the 4th day.

I'm not sure about the New York though, it's a very nice hotel, but I think it lacks some of the 'Disney magic' of the other hotels. Have you considered Newport Bay Club?

Do let us know what you decide! :)

Thank you all for your advice :)

There are 4 of us - me and DH & 2 DDs who will be 6 & 9 next Feb.

I think if I hadn't stayed at SL before I would go for 4 nights there but I think it might be nice to go somewhere different.

Great points about the pool & weather in Feb. We never got round to checking out the pool last time.

If I win the lottery than it'll be a week at the DL in Castle Club, LOL.

I am swaying towards 4 nights at SL or 3 at HNY I think.

Suzi, I have no idea why but the Newport Bay just doesn't appeal. This is really weird because I love the Yacht & beach Club at WDW which is similar to Newport Bay. I've never stayed at the HNY and I know a lot of people don't like it, but I found it's quirky style really appealing when we looked around it before so I think we would be happy here. Oh it is very hard to choose isn't it?

Hello Steve in Exeter! Great news about the flights isn't it? They seem quite reasonable too :) I only live 2 miles from the airport so it'll be great for me!

Thanks guys for your help! I still don't think I have decided though :rolleyes:

Hi Karen :wave2:

Were planning on going in Feb 06 as well,half term week.
We really would love to go back to WDW but funds (DH) :confused3 wont allow not for a couple of years any way :wizard:

I would go with SL 4 nights,thats what were planning to do the pool is lovely after a day in the park,warms you up a bit untill you go back out side that is :cold:

I think if you go for 5 days you need a pool,although you could fit a day in Paris.
I know what you mean about trying somewere different i like the look of Hotel Cheyenne but the pool really swings it for us.
:earsgirl:

Personally, I'd take the SL option, but I love that hotel, o I'm biased. You might also want to look into the Holiday Inn. I was able to stay tere in Jan 05 for 65 Euro/night, not including passes. The hotel was very nice.

Good luck with your choice :)

Karen - the rooms at the HNY are lovely and I would highly recommend the place, BUT you will only get the three nights. Why not try the Newport Bay, so you get the four nights for only a little bit more cost than SL, but you get to try somewhere different? You never know - you may like it!! For some reason we never use to consider the Hotel New York as an option for us, until we decided to try something different - and now it's our favourite!!!

Hi Karen. If it was just me and Si, I would go for DLP hotel, as it is simply gorgeous. However, cos you have the girls I would go for longer at a different hotel. I've been to Santa Fe and Cheyenne, so can only comment on theses, although they aren't the greatest hotels on earth, your girls would love the theming. Plus how great would it be to go for 4/5 days!!!

love v.

ps. Can I come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your opinions everyone. I have been a little put off by the Newport Bay as I've heard it is so big and a long walk to the parks (I've never understood how it can be longer from NPB than from SL as on the map SL looks further away)

I am off to find out more about Newport Bay :)

Verity - we are going in half term you know ;)

Miffy2003 said:
Thanks again for your opinions everyone. I have been a little put off by the Newport Bay as I've heard it is so big and a long walk to the parks (I've never understood how it can be longer from NPB than from SL as on the map SL looks further away)
I know, I always thought that as well, until I took a walk round the lake one evening and found both were about the same distance from the Village (and therefore the parks). I think it's because the lake is long and thin and the NB is at the end of it, so there's still quite a walk to get to it even once you reach the lake. Whereas with SL, it's pretty much a straight line out of the Village and past HNY to get to the hotel.

:sunny: Id be tempted with...the sequoia for 4nights that way you get a bit more luxury and more nights!! What else could you ask for?? :goodvibes
::MickeyMo

Karen

Just to let you know, Vicki and I stayed at the Newport Bay last year and loved it. We did not find it to far away from the parks, and it is quite a lovley walk pass the lake. Anyway the rooms were beautiful, bright blue and white and the swimming pool was fab, which was just as well as the weather was dreadful the time we were there. The resturant was great and it has a beautiful reception area with very comfitable chairs for relaxing in, and a great bar.

If you need more info on it, just let me know.

Sue :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter