• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would be the best pass to buy?

BostonTigger

<font color=purple>I want the Swiss Family Treehou
What type of pass would you buy if you are going for eight nights? I like to piece meal my trips, which means I don't for the packages which includes the passes. So this brings up a good point...ok, for me it does. I'm planning a trip for eight nights, what's the best pass to buy? Would an anual pass be the best? I'm wanting to go in January so the possibility for another trip in the year is very high. So I'm leaning towards an anual pass. I'd love to hear what my fellow DISers have to say.

Steven

I was debating the same. But now with a few trips already scheduled, my new debate is: annual pass or premium annual pass? The price difference is about $125, which in my justification works out to about 5 visits to either the water parks or Disney Quest (factoring in the annual pass discount). I have yet to go to either water park or DQ. The water parks appear to be a necessity in the summer months and DQ seems like a fun place to go after the parks close (open 'til midnight everyday). The premium annual pass also gives your admission to Pleasure Island and World of Sports.

Did this help or cause more trouble? :confused:

I would definitely get the AP if you don't visit the water parks and other minor parks. If you like PI and the water parks but not DQ, a six or seven day pass might be better. If you like DQ, then the premium AP would be best.

If there is any chance you'll return in less than a year, definitely get an AP.

Another vote for an AP. Not only is it more cost effective as compared to a UMP/LOS pass, but it can also earn you discounts at WDW hotels, restaurants and sometimes shopping areas. It more than makes up for the cost.

Hello and thanks for the info. I've thought about it, and if I go for eight nights then I'll buy an AP. A seven day is like $332, so for about $30 more I can get an annual and receive the room discounts on top of it. So, I think I'll go for the AP. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Steven

For DH and I, the best pasd is the UHP. We want to do all the parks plus water parks, PI and DQ and don't want to have to count plusses. We want to be able to do anything whenever we want. Also, we won't be returning to WDW for several years, so the AP would not benefit us.

My point is that the "best" pass is very relative to the way you plan to tour, and how often.

With DVC and AP, we get to enjoy Disney more often. AP with a Disney Club discount is $354.xx (total cost).:D

If you know there will not be another trip...check out the Budget Board. There is a 10 Day World Pass you can buy from travel agents that works like a UHP but it is ten days, and cheaper than a 6 day Hopper...good luck.

Disnee Dad Says..........................................I won't make your choice for you, but an AP will encourage you to take more trips!! Bought AP for our last trip, and will use the last 8 days on our trip in Novmber!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter