What would be a good gift to get for someone going to WDW?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
My sister and family (two kids aged 2 and 3.5) are going to WDW three weeks after Christmas. They are staying at OKW for one week. I'd like to get them a Christmas present related to this trip- such as paying ahead for a dinner. Anyone have any good ideas for my sister as well as the kids?

For adults, how about a Christmas card (or a pretty package wrapped with Disney Christmas paper) with some Disney Dollars tucked inside. I know how some people feel about giving money, but in my opinion, it's not the same as giving ordinary cash. They can be used at shops and restaurants and can be purchased at the Disney Store. Another suggestion would be to offer to keep the kids (if you live nearby) right before the trip so your sister can run errands, pack, etc. Or offer to babysit when they come home, since WDW can be overwhelming & tiring for very small kids and your sis might be totally worn out.

For the kids, maybe a new outfit with Disney characters or a stuffed Disney character.

Make a Disney box up for the kids with all kinds of Disney stuff, sippy cups, glasses, an outfit, some stuffed toys, etc. Disney dollars are a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney Dollars, but make sure they know they can use them like cash anywhere on property.. I do this a lot in the same situation and to people who have never had them before, they really seem to get a kick out of them. When they use them to buy that "something special", they will always remember that it came from you!

I gave my 9yr son Disney dollars for his birthday, tooth fairy, easter bunny, valentines day, report cards, etc. Yes he has quite a bit saved up for our Oct trip. I also gave him a guest of honor pin, EpCot passport and character pen for his birthday. I gave my MIL her guest of honor pin for Mothers Day. I gave my husband Disney dollars for his birthday and fathers day. I also gave my husband orange Tigger t-shirt and Mickey t-shirt from the Disney store for his birthday.

Disney Dollars!!!!! We have a friend that gives us DDs for Christmas..... They're great, we seem to use them for a GREAT dinner every time we go down. :D :) :D

I think the Disney Dollars idea is a great one. If you would like to give something along with the DD, how about some Disney themed scrapbooking supplies for after the trip or a homemade guidebook filled with tips and info you've gathered here on the DIS? For the kids maybe some Disney character sunglasses or Disney bathsets (I always see alot of those around near the holidays). By the way, I think your idea is really thoughtful. (I wish my sister would think of it.;) )

Disney Dollars for everybody!

My 3 yo DD loves her "Mickey Money"! We give them to her as an allowance. She knows she can spend them when we go to WDW. I also gave them to her cousins for their !st WDW trip & they loved them! Kids love that they have their own special money!

My aunt just turned 50 & we gave her 50 Disney Dollars for her birthday ... all $1, of course!

In addition to disney dollars, how about...

Travel kits

for the kids -- fill a fanny pack or kid-sized back pack with a sports bottle, some snacks, disposable camera (my DD used one on her first trip when she was 3 and took some great "kid-view" pictures of disney), pipecleaners (a great quiet plane toy), autograph book with fat pen or marker, picture books, crayons, mini-playdoh, a stuffed animal or cuddle toy for the plane, etc..

for the adults -- fill a backpack or fanny pack with travel items like wipes, antibacterial lotion, travel-sized kleenex, band-aids or travel first aid kits, gum, moleskin, dental floss, calling card, etc.

Are they driving from the airport to WDW? Maybe a AAA map of the area so they can find their way around. Certificate to a favorite restaurant for when they return and experience the unpacking-washing-disney let down day that follows your return.

How about a guide book. Maybe the Passporter. You could be Aunt of the year if you could get Cindy's for breakfast ressies. :D

Disney Dollars tucked inside a Disney autograph book and a fun pen to go with it (chunky so the characters can hold it more easily)!! Or maybe Disney Dollars tucked inside a cute fanny pack......:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter