What will happen if I try to cancel 2 of 4 RBT F! pkg reservations?

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
I called to make a reservation for the RBT F! reservations where you get to stay in your seat for the show. Wanted reservation for 2 but were told all my dates were booked, so I had them go back and check reservations for 4 and what do you know, they had a table for 4, so I made a reservation. Originally I thought another couple I know who will be there the same day could go with us, but as it turns out they've made other plans.

I just assumed tables for 2 would be kinda like they do at WOC dessert party; you might end up sharing a table with 2 others, but if that was the case, why would they tell me a party of 2 was not available but 4 was? Anyone know if I'd have to cancel my whole res to cancel 2 seats?

Yes, I can just call them and find out, but since I had to wait on hold like 25 minutes for an agent to make this reservation, thought I'd check here!

Because they want all the tables full. We did not care much for the RBT except for the chairs.

Jack

I called to make a reservation for the RBT F! reservations where you get to stay in your seat for the show. Wanted reservation for 2 but were told all my dates were booked, so I had them go back and check reservations for 4 and what do you know, they had a table for 4, so I made a reservation. Originally I thought another couple I know who will be there the same day could go with us, but as it turns out they've made other plans.

I just assumed tables for 2 would be kinda like they do at WOC dessert party; you might end up sharing a table with 2 others, but if that was the case, why would they tell me a party of 2 was not available but 4 was? Anyone know if I'd have to cancel my whole res to cancel 2 seats?

Yes, I can just call them and find out, but since I had to wait on hold like 25 minutes for an agent to make this reservation, thought I'd check here!
I have reservations next month for this package. I asked the CM on the phone if parties of 2 are sat with other parties like WoC Dessert Party and she said no, each party is separate (we weren't a fan of that for WoC, so that was a relief).

I agree with what the PP said, that they have certain table sizes and don't want empty seats. That's all just pure speculation on my part though... I can't think of another reason they wouldn't have allowed a party of 2 but had a booking for a party of 4. Sometimes CMs give you conflicting info though, so unfortunately, I'd suggest calling and asking if you can change your reservation to two people (I know, the waits on the dining line really suck).

Honestly, I would just keep your reservation for 4, then when you check in alert them that your friends had to back out so you are now a party of 2. Should be fine.

^^This. They will not ding you for missing people. As long as someone shows up you will be good to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!