What were your best & worst Fish Extender Gifts

No offense taken gives me something to think about - I'm just worried that what I have isn't "enough"

What I should have added to my reply is that even though candy isn't my first choice, I truly believe everyone should give what they want to give and it should be stress-free! There are so many opinions out there -- some here have already said they would love to receive it -- everyone is different! Participating in FE is at the top of my list of why I love to cruise DCL! I love to plan, shop, wrap and deliver -- it is so joyful, I LOVE IT!!

I see from your signature that it is you and your daughter. How fun to plan together and probably deliver together also! You will both LOVE coming back to your cabin throughout the day and finding gifts in your FE -- it is the BEST!

What I should have added to my reply is that even though candy isn't my first choice, I truly believe everyone should give what they want to give and it should be stress-free! There are so many opinions out there -- some here have already said they would love to receive it -- everyone is different! Participating in FE is at the top of my list of why I love to cruise DCL! I love to plan, shop, wrap and deliver -- it is so joyful, I LOVE IT!!

I see from your signature that it is you and your daughter. How fun to plan together and probably deliver together also! You will both LOVE coming back to your cabin throughout the day and finding gifts in your FE -- it is the BEST!

We did an ornament exchange last year and loved it - so hoping FE is just as fun!

No offense taken gives me something to think about - I'm just worried that what I have isn't "enough"

I think what you have planned is great! It's always nice when someone goes the extra bit to get something of the receiver's favorite character. And we're good for any kind of candy. ;-)

Here is my honest, from the heart opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. I think my teen daughters would like those types of candy. For me, I am secretly hoping for something different that I can't buy myself. So many food and treat options on board, eating candy I receive in my FE isn't something I really enjoy receiving or eating. We received sooo much of it on our last cruise from far and wide, we literally piled it up on the desk. My preference would be for something that will last -- something I can use again (kleenex packet or small sewing kit I now take with me on every trip) or something I can look at that will remind me of our cruise (ornaments, magnets, bookmarks). Thanks for letting me share.

i think those are great! or like something that is special and unique to the area that you are from? its not an offense at all! it gets our brain all working for the next trip!!!

Best: DCL keyfobs, Disney art, candy from other countries
Worst: Sundae kits, light cards (only because we received so many of each)

Best, a handmade (looking at least!) small zip chapstick/small cosmetic bag and headband combo in the prettiest classic pooh and princess fabrics. Worst, a paper cup with 2 band-aids and 3 pieces of individual hard candy in it.

thanks for posting this. i've really wanted to participate in FE but have been really intimidated about the photos of gifts people post on-line. this time we are going to pixie dust some cabins participating in FE - but i'm nervous about the gifts because they aren't disney or personalized or packaged in fancy ways. I'm getting little things from the country we live in but i'm not sure how well they will be received. i guess i'll know if someone posts about them being the worst gifts!
Don't be. Give what you fancy. You can't please everyone.

Are trading pins something that would be appreciated in FE? I know not everyone trades pins, but if I have some of the "fav characters" listed, would that be acceptable to put into the FE gift bag (or would that be considered "rude re-gift")?

Are trading pins something that would be appreciated in FE? I know not everyone trades pins, but if I have some of the "fav characters" listed, would that be acceptable to put into the FE gift bag (or would that be considered "rude re-gift")?
We would love them.

We got trading pins on our most recent cruise. We don’t all trade pins, but we all thought it was a nice gift. Some people put trading boards on their cabin doors even.
I got a canvas tote with our cruise info screen printed on it that I am really enjoying using.

I am curious, what would you make this out of. I am not brave enough to join an FE group for our first cruise but I think this might be cute to make for ourselves.
A first cruise is a great time to join. We have always had fun with it.

Most Favorite: On a DCL Alaska cruise we received handmade (I think) fleece scarves with different colored fabric Mickey and Minnie head cut outs sewn onto them. Beautiful and so useful in Alaska!

Least Favorite: All of it is fun and feels like Christmas, so I love it all. Even though we don't need or maybe won't eat candy since there's so much food on the ship to begin with, it's still fun getting any kind of little gift from others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter