What were actual crowd levels like for this past week?

Oh gosh... we are arriving today the crowd projections didn’t look too terrible so I was hoping it would be semi-decent. Are any of you still there this week? How are the crowds this week, so far?

...Despite all that, the longest line we waited in was 40 minutes at 7DMT during the last hour of evening EMH, followed by 30-ish minutes at Haunted Mansion around 10 am.... Wednesday 3/14 - Magic Kingdom all day, 8 am - 1 am (can't believe we did this! with only a short resort break too!)....
See this is how some people report - same day - different crowds/waits: TP actual reported waits from 8:56am to 11:15am of (in minutes): 45, 50, 60, 50, 40, 40, 20 (at 9:35am), 30, 50, 50, 65, 75 (and going up to 115 @4pm!). Stayed above 65 until past 8pm (and mostly well above: observed average was 88 minutes). I think you hit HM at a great moment!

Re: April - not only does Easter move around, but Mass., ME (and maybe other states? and New Zealand I was told) have no public school 3rd week of April (the week with the 3rd Monday in April).

OK, so I like to crunch numbers for fun. I downloaded the crowd data for 2015-2017 into a spreadsheet and plotted it vs each day of the year.
To smooth the data, I averaged the results from three years and plotted the weekly average for the starting day shown. So for example, for the
the average crowd size for week beginning Jan 1 (i.e. Jan 1-Jan7) over the three year period from 2015-2018 was about 6.4 on a scale from 1-10.
I deleted data from days the park was closed for hurricanes. There is a peak for MLK day (but still low crowds) in Jan. There is a bigger
peak for President's day in mid Feb. Spring Break season runs from mid March through early April. There is a curious peak in late April I can't explain.
Summer season seems to run from mid May through mid Aug with a curious dip in late June. Sep is the slow month. There are spikes in mid Oct and early Nov.
There is a short spike for Thanksgiving and and the busiest time is from mid Dec through New Year.

View attachment 309985
this is awesome!!! thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter