What week in November is better price and crowd wise?

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
I am pre planning a November birthday trip, but unfortunately due to work saying I can only do Monday to Monday for vacation time off, and I wanted November 15-22, due to thanksgiving, I was wondering, price and crowd wise, the 12-19th or 26-December 3?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I have to resubmit my request soon

I can't really speak to the prices, but in terms of the crowds, that's hard to say at this point. There is a good chance that the Holiday season will have started by the time you go, so weekends are likely to be busy. Assuming the schedule holds, they should be presenting Candlelight Processional the first Sat/Sun of December (for 12/1 and 12/2 this year). I don't think that CP necessarily impacts crowds throughout the parks, but it does impact parking and DL's MS (where the show is presented). It's very popular, so expect large crowds that weekend.

November 12th is Veterans Day, and I've seen that day on the "Days that might see higher crowds" list before. So I'd probably avoid that week! I've been told that the week after Thanksgiving might be a "slower" week. I'm debating between that week and the week after for my own trip!

In 2018....and only 2018...there is that extra week of holidays in disneyland, so any choice after thanksgiving would be great up to Dec 12th. If main street is magical, and you have a nightly tradition in that area, then for for sure don't let your last night in disneyland be the same night as CP. Folks attending CP care very little about attractions at Disneyland, as they are reserving spots on Main Street, so Figment's observation is correct.

We typically aim for around the week of Nov 11 because that's a teachers break in our district.

Most every day was fine, except for Veterans day. (At least I think that what it was... we dont have that back in Canada) We got their just before opening, and it was a mess. Prob 30 minutes for security, then we sat for another 30+ minutes in entrance area without moving much. Huge lines into either park. We just gave up, went back to the hotel and returned a couple of hours later. Breezed through security, and had a great time. So despite the busy opening, it didnt seem bad at all when in the park.

Overall, that week was good, Crowds were fine and ride times were reasonable. We're pretty good at FP so we were able to get most rides we wanted without any waiting.

Also, wondering what the weekend after Thanksgiving is like. How soon is the It's a Small World overlay up?

The IaSWH overlay usually opens by the start of the Holiday Season. Assuming a schedule similar to the past, that should be around Veteran's Day weekend, so it should be up by the week after Thanksgiving.

The week after Thanksgiving is considered to be the least crowded time of the holiday season. But the holidays in general are the most crowded time of the year.

I love going in November. I have been he week before Thanksgiving twice, the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday right before Thanksgiving, and the week after Thanksgiving. Honestly I liked each one. I don’t think you can go wrong. This year we are going the first week of November. Enjoy your trip.

We are going the week after thanksgiving. It was low crowds last year.
We’re going that week too. I’m glad to hear it may be lower crowds! We usually like to go in August but it didn’t work this year so November it is.

I think last year (maybe 2016?) Veterans Day, half marathon, and holiday opening weekend were all the same weekend and the pictures of the esplanade were UNBELIEVABLE. We have found the week after Halloween to be a great time to go, but really as long as you avoid holidays/big events it should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter