What was your very first SB project?

pas2

Mouseketeer
I was looking over the scrapbook of my very first pages and oh my have I improved! It got me wondering about how I managed to put togeather pages without all the tools I now consider invaluable!
I started with old photos from my teen years that I took of my church youth group, bad pics that I didnt care if I ruined. From there I just jumped right in and tackled our family's first trip to WDW. So I was wondering what was your first project? Who else just plunged right in without knowing what they were doing? Has anyone gone back and reworked those early efforts?

I started almost exactly 3 years ago...with my daughter's wedding. I thought it was so wonderful at the time, and now I realize how "boring" it is! Since then, I've completed a Marine Corp album for my son (which is actually ongoing), 3 large family albums and working on the 4th, a large 50th anniversary heritage album for my in-laws, a Puerto Rican vacation album, and three Disney vacation albums. All of my albums are 12 x 12, and except for the Disney albums, they're all CM albums.

Three years ago, I was scrapping at my dining room table...now I have my own scrapbook room, complete with tons of tools!! It's my HAVEN and my biggest vice...next to Disney.

Thanks for this post...makes me realize how far I've come since I developed this habit.;)

I started right in on my family album. I find my style changes all of them time. Sometimes I'm more creative, sometimes I'm more simple. I don't have any intention of going back and redoing any of my books. :D

Six years ago I scrapped my 1995 Europe trip. I look at some of the pages and just cringe, but for the most part, my style is pretty much the same. I've always been big on borders and simples pages. Nothing too fancy. and a lot of journaling. My goal is to get as many pictures in a double page spread as possible with room to tell the story. However, my tools have definitely improved and my pages reflect that. I don't know how I lived without my Custom Cutting System. Hand cutting all those circles and ovals - ugh! They look terrible. I also never cut my pictures into weird shapes anymore...hearts, starts, etc.

My first scrapbook pages were from the Electric light parade and fireworks at MK. I HAD to cut out all the heads or hands that managed to get infront of me. :) When I look at the first pages I cringe because I used way too much glue. Everything is wrinkled.

This whole craze sarted for me in the summer of 1999. We were planning our big Disney Christmas 2000 trip and I really wanted to perserve this special trip.

I started gathering the supplies I needed so I would be more than ready. I collected special little things in the parks, pamphlets, stickers from the parks etc. I wrote everything down that we did and cute things that happened. I took pictures with the pages I would do in mind... I was crazy!!:D

Now in Feb of 2002 I am only about 1/4 done with that album and started 3 others. UGH!! I wil finish this album before our next Disney trip...I swear to myself!!! ;)

To be fair(to myself) I did do 3 scrapping projects for Christmas and have been working on my Best Friends album for her birthday surpise. We have been friends since we were 5 , so that is a BUNCH of scrapping to do!!

My first scrapbook was our 10/2000 WDW trip. I had planned on just putting the pictures on colored paper and maybe adding some stickers to put into a 3 ring binder when my SIL bought me one of those Paper Pizzaz Disney books..... I started copying some of the ideas they had and the inside cover.... then begged to go buy some supplies.... on my first trip out my DH said not to spend more than $50. The total came to $49.xx ! I have been hooked ever since ! My DH even got me an XL Generations bag and a Sizzix machine for XMas ! I even take pictures with page layouts in mind !!! DH calls me pathetic.

I do go back and see how inexperienced I was.... most pages were cut pictures on a background paper with no mats.... but.... I have learned with time and I am not planning on redoing the pages..... everyone has to start somewhere !

My only downfall.... I am working on soooooo many albums at once... and not finishing any them !!! I NEED TIME !!!!

I started scrapbooking just after my daughter was born so my first album is of her first year. I still love it, but I've improved quite a bit. I am now on album number 5 of DD and have completed 2 WDW albums among other smaller projects.

Lisa

My first project was my DDs album - started at a CM class 4 years ago. My kids now tell me I'm addicted. I often look back at the early pages and wonder why I did things the way I did, but will not go back and change them. My style has not changed much, but I do a lot of different things now.

In 4 years I have completed a Disney trip (2 12x12albums - we really took a lot of pics.), a cruise/Disney album (from Dh and My 2nd honeymoon trip), an ABC book for DS2, an album I made for a gift and a Disney autograph album. I also have ongoing chronological albums for all 3 kids and a school book for DS2.

Over 2 years ago my DS's Cub Scout Pack was hosting an Open House and I decided to do an album showcasing his 5 years in the Cub Scout program - and I only had 1 1/2 months to do it! Plus I had never scrapbooked before, plus I'm not creative or talented or anything!!

I did that album as an 8 1/2X11. I, too, learned from trial and error. (Why did I cut some of those photos in the shapes of hearts and teddy bears, they're Scouts, for cryin' out loud!) But I haven't changed anything. I have moved on to 12X12 albums and love to use new techniques such as paper piecing and torn paper. I also create layout scenes to compliment my photos. I still journal by hand and more often than not, my mats are crooked but it truly is a labor of love.
Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter