What was the earliest in your pregnancy you found out the gender?

How far along were you

• 10-14 weeks

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • 15-19 weeks

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • 20-24 weeks

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • after 24 weeks

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
For my almost 18 year old we found out at the 20 week ultrasound. With this new pregnancy they are planning on the cell free DNA test at 10 weeks due to me being 37.

I had CVS at 8 weeks because I was 37, so we found out that D? was actually DD as soon as those results were in!

How would a finger prick blood test of the mother tell the gender of a baby?

To answer the question, I never found out the gender. I had amniocentesis on all my pregnancies at around 20 weeks and that had the information in it, but I told the doctor I didn't want to know.
I don’t know if the finger prick does the same thing, but I had bloodwork. It uses DNA. Baby’s DNA is in your blood. Pretty sure that’s what they told me.

I wanted to pay for the blood test but hubby and my doctor talked me out of it. But, we wound up seeing his gender around 12 weeks. Nothing was confirmed until our anatomy scan at 20 weeks but every ultra sound I had between 12 and 20 weeks, he was very bold about showing off his man parts. :laughing:
My DS too although we knew with blood test earlier!

At 9 months. We didn't want to know the genders of any of our kids. Old fashioned, I guess.

When the doctors cleaned her off and set her on the scale.

Now, DH says he knew around the 20 week mark ultrasound. He wanted to know and looked online. There's site that tell laypeople how to interpret ultrasounds. However, he knew he wasn't allowed to tell me anything.

Ahhhh for the days when pre birth needlework meant the colours white and yellow were used;).

Isn't that the truth. I had forgotten about all the yellow and mint green and white outfits I had accumulated before the birth. My son came home in an adorable yellow outfit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!