What was the earliest in your pregnancy you found out the gender?

How far along were you

• 10-14 weeks

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • 15-19 weeks

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • 20-24 weeks

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • after 24 weeks

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Curious for a personal reason. My youngest is 18yo, I don't remember how far along the gender can be determined.

Nowadays you can have bloodwork done as early as 9 weeks to determine gender (as well as genetic abnormalities) through a doctor's order. However, you can also buy kits and do a finger prick yourself just to have the gender I think around 10 weeks.

I was just under 14 weeks when I found out through US with the younger two.

I think the standard used to be somewhere between 20-24 weeks. That's what it was with my kids, 3 and 8 yrs ago. There are other ways you can find out sooner, but I'm not sure about their accuracy or the cost. With DD, I found out 4 days after I learned I was pregnant... But I also didn't know I was pregnant until 22/23 weeks, so :rolleyes1.

I had amnio, which I think was around 14 weeks. Can't remember for sure. That was the gold standard when I was pregnant for determining sex. Probably all changed now, since that was about 20 years ago (mine turn 19 in two weeks!).

I didn't even know with my first two sons but my third we found out at 22 weeks because I had gone into labor and we were afraid we were going to lose him. Luckily two days before his true due date he was born, a healthy 8 lber. :love:

However, you can also buy kits and do a finger prick yourself just to have the gender I think around 10 weeks.
How would a finger prick blood test of the mother tell the gender of a baby?

To answer the question, I never found out the gender. I had amniocentesis on all my pregnancies at around 20 weeks and that had the information in it, but I told the doctor I didn't want to know.

I had aminos done every three or four weeks starting around 20 weeks because I am Rh- and my ex is Rh+. We found out sometime in there..

My friend's first has a genetic disorder with severe disabilities. When she was pregnant with her second she had an ultrasound at 10 weeks to check on things. My friend was quite surprised when they asked her if she wanted to know the sex of the baby. It was a boy.

My oldest I found out when she was born (1985) my youngest I found out at about 12 weeks because I had to have a CVS due to possible genetic problems found on the ultrasound at 12 weeks.

My intuition told me from the very beginning that at least one of my quads was a boy. Three of the babies passed away between 10-12 weeks, and we found out via ultrasound at 20 weeks that the remaining baby was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY a boy. There was no doubt about it...I even saw it before the technician did ;)

There's no way to know for sure, but DH and I both feel in our hearts that the 3 that passed were girls.

I didn't find out with either of mine until they were born. With my older daughter, I didn't want to know. With my second if they had asked I would have said yes but they didn't ask.

11 weeks when I had CVS done. The techs were pretty confident he was a boy during the ultrasound, test results confirmed it a couple of days later.

My kids were born in 1978 and 1982 before ultrasounds were routine. We didn't know their gender until they were born.

We have three kids. For all of them, we found out at the nine month mark. The doctor didn't use an ultrasound, blood test, or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!