• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to wear?

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
We are planning a trip for next August and again for Christmas (as if I hadn't gone on about it enough, already!)LOL

Am I correct in thinking that people just dress casually like at WDW?

I realise that in winter lots of layers, especially thermal ones!!!, will be necessary, but do people dress up more at Christmas? We are planning on booking a dinner show at Christmas (ie. the Magical World of Tinker Bell Dinner Show or this year's equivalent) and also a special meal on Christmas Day night. I would hate us to turn up in jeans, fleeces and trainers only to find out that everyone else is dressed up to the nines!:blush:

Any help would be gratefully received!

Elaine

V casual although they aren't keen on shirtless folk and those not wearing shoes!

I plodded round in jeans , T shirt and a stout pair of trainers. I learned the hard way that wearing tennis shoes was a very BAD idea :charac2: My feet thought they were in hell after my first visit.

My advice would to dress comfortably and warmly if you are going in the colder months. It can be bitter cold in the mornings plodding to your restaurant for breakfast.

I feel that people definitely dress better at DLP than at WDW. However, jeans and shirts are more than okay for DLP. That's what we've always worn, and we've been fine. I just feel that at WDW, many people seem to dress kind of...on the WAY too casual side. For example, I feel that a shirt with stains or a hole in it would not be all that uncommon at WDW, but I've never seen something like that at DLP. It reflects more the American/European differences.

You could well be right their MinnieYC. I suppose, never having been to the US I wouldn't notice any massive difference. I do have to admit though, it's usually pretty easy to spot the Brit abroad! We don't seem to be quite as sartorially savvy as our bros on the continent. Still, who would want to be plodding round a theme park of any description with your best clothes on? If you want to have a good time you don't need to be worrying you are going to spoil your clothes. I'm a great believer in 'comfort' dressing for such things. Smart but very casual.

Dh and myself had a dinner show two years ago (Christmas time) at Newport;people wore something warm like nice trousers and a"dressy! cardigan or maybe a Jacket... but you don't need long skirts etc. nor many layers, inside the show room it was very warm. Some of the ladies were wearing nice blouses and earrings ...but all in all it was a relaxed enjoable "atmosphere" !

In August I would go for shorts or jeans and tshirt - but I would take along in my backpack a sweater (it might rain or be windy)

Anyhow HAVE GREAT FUN !!!! nobody is going to look at your "attire" : to me this is a MAGIC add on to Disney parks !

Laura

HI i am very confused about what to wear in mid March as i have been told that it can be freezing cold and on the other hand very warm? I dont fancy carrying extra clothes round with me. :rolleyes:

Never been Christmas time but would endorse what others have said, casual is the order of the day. Our French/Italian cousins seem to dress up more.
I know my partner would not even consider "heels" as appropriate - but hey each to their own :)

With the exception of high summer I'd always consider a jumper. Spring can be nice, but get considerably colder in the evening. If you don't want to carry extra, then you can always buy a jumper if required.

Reid

bluegirl said:
HI i am very confused about what to wear in mid March as i have been told that it can be freezing cold and on the other hand very warm? I dont fancy carrying extra clothes round with me. :rolleyes:

I realise that this isn't going to help you much, but the climate of Northern France (including Paris) is much the same as Southern England - so I'd just pack whatever you were wearing at home the week before you go away! I don't think it'll be THAT cold, but be prepared for rain showers...

Thanks everyone! Casual it is then, thank goodness! I guessed it would be casual in the parks but imagine our embarrassment if we went to a dinner show in jeans and trainers and everyone else was in ball gowns and tuxedos!LOL:rolleyes1

Elaine

Hi,
we have been to the *Magical World of Tinkerbell* show at the NPBC last year before christmas. ( highly recommend this show) The brochurer says : get dressed....

okay DH was wearing a black trouser, and shirt with a grey Mickey tie. I was wearing black trousers and a black with white tripes blouse... and I guess we were the best dressed couple there :cool1: :cool1:

In winter also skiunderwear ans warm shoes are highly recommended.

Greets Renate :wizard:

NIK said:
You could well be right their MinnieYC. I suppose, never having been to the US I wouldn't notice any massive difference. I do have to admit though, it's usually pretty easy to spot the Brit abroad! We don't seem to be quite as sartorially savvy as our bros on the continent. Still, who would want to be plodding round a theme park of any description with your best clothes on? If you want to have a good time you don't need to be worrying you are going to spoil your clothes. I'm a great believer in 'comfort' dressing for such things. Smart but very casual.

Oh, don't get me wrong, DLP is still casual. :D And I agree, comfort is key. But I think that the people are comfortable without being messy. When we were in WDW last spring, one day DH was wearing jeans (regular ones, not fancy, but no tears) and a t-shirt from our University- nothing fancy, but put-together. He almost seemed dressed up while in parts of the Magic Kingdom (although not in our resort, I must admit). Meanwhile, he was just like everyone else when at DLP.

As for going to DLP in August, when we went in August 2003 (day trip), it was in the middle of a sweltering heat wave! We didn't even bother to bring sweaters or jackets, and we were sweating in our short-sleeved cotton t-shirts! Really, really, really hot- actually, uncommonly hot for Paris, according to the news reports. Flash forward to August 2004 (another day trip)- quite different! Nippy in the morning, even with a sweatshirt. Early afternoon was a bit warmer, and we took the sweatshirts off for a while, but we didn't them again by around 18:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter