What To Wear At Disney? First Timer Fashion Tips!

Whatever is weather appropriate, comfortable and will look good in pictures.

I would not wear jeans unless jean shorts but dont wear jean shorts going on water rides cause when jean shorts get wet its hard to pull them off if you have to use the ladies room.Wear whatever you will be comfortable wearing

My Fashion Tips are here: 1.Know your body shape. 2. Wear Dress to suit your personality. 3. Choose right accessories. 4.Keep everything in proportion. 5. Do not mix styles.

Don't even think about wearing jeans! It is way too hot! When I go, I wear shorts that are almost knee length, and I put this Body Glide by BandAid cream on the insides of my legs just in case. It comes in a thing that looks like a little tiny deodorant. And if you go to the water parks, definitely use some kind of glide cream throughout the day. When skin that could rub gets wet, make sure to dry it off right away before walking a lot. Take a towel to all the parks. I don't even have big legs and when I went a few weeks ago, after just one day wearing short shorts, I had this awful rash between my legs with open sores. My parents took me out of Epcot in a wheelchair and that night we went to Target to get some long shorts. They didn't look good, but boy were they so much better. On top, wear just a light cotton tank top. I wouldn't recommend anything with sleeves, because they get uncomfortable when you sweat. Have fun! And don't worry about what you look like in the clothes you choose! If you have a pair of shorts you don't think you look good in, but they are comfy and they don't let your legs rub, take them! You may not look perfect, but nobody cares. If you're comfortable, you'll have fun and that's what matters!:)

My Fashion Tips are here: 1.Choose the clothes that suit your body.2. Wear Dress to suit your personality. 3. Choose right accessories.4.Keep everything in proportion.5. Avoid Bulky Garments.

I second capris. I have cotton ones now that I would wear to WDW but probably only the dark colored ones (sweat would not be attractive on the white or beige colored ones).:rotfl:

I would go with light weight capris or bermuda shorts. Some light weight flowy tanks and t's are great also. Anything tight, or not breathable is a no no. Comfort is key! Also, maybe leggings for evening, but even if they are breathable they are tight and I know I hate tight when it's hot and humid.

i think if you love your jeans, take a pair that is most comfortable and make them into cut offs.

I love the dress idea with bike shorts too. I love bike shorts. Spandex is awesome, no matter what size one is... with a dress over it you'll look adorable!

We just got back a few weeks ago and I wore sundresses for the most part! They were cool and comfortable!:rotfl:

My first trip to WDW is coming up in a month, and I'm so excited!:banana: I have been trying to plan what to wear, but I don't know how humid it is that time in the fall? I've been to the Gulf Coast in the fall, and the weather was quite pleasant, however, that might have been a fluke, for all I know. Also, several people have mentioned dresses...not to be ignorant, but don't they expose more than they should on some rides? I can't imagine wearing bike shorts under a dress, if the humidity is high. Any help/tips will be appreciated.:confused3

Ok - so I was down in WDW last October and it was supposedly one of the hottest on record.

My recommendations - shorts - no matter what shorts but nice shorts. We ate at Signature Dining every night so we made sure we looked halfway respectable.

Comfy shoes obviously - you can do sandals - but I wouldnt recommend it

Shirts - I wore polo's and short sleeve button downs and never once had to put on a jacket. My gf wore shorts and tshirts or polos and then just a light windbreaker type jacket at night. I had a wind breaker light jacket with me as well but never needed it.

We had a little gym type pack that my gf took around with us - we kept the jackets in there since they could squish up nice along with a pair of emergency rain ponchos (they are like 2 bucks at a sporting goods store) - saved our butt in February but never needed them in October - but better to be safe than sorry

hope that helps - enjoy your trip!

OK, I will go against the flow here and say I am pooh sized, I live in Texas, and I wear jeans every chance I get -- even when it was 110 in the current heat wave. (Although I will admit that I don't go out that much when it's 110). I really don't understand the concept of "too hot for jeans".

Personally I find shorts much more uncomfortable in hot weather because of so much skin exposed to the sun. And because of problems of "chub rub" I generally don't like shorts or skirts. Some people here swear by skirts with bike shorts underneath, but I truthfully don't see how that's cooler than jeans.

Part of it probably depends on what you're used to. How hot does it get where you live? What do you wear there when it's really hot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter