What to spend $ surplus on at DLR?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
We paid for our trip early with GC. Our plan to do C33 fell through so we have an additional $500 in GC to spend. What would be something fun to do with these funds? We already have all our meals planned and paid for and our house is full of Disney paintings and figures and staying onsite at GCH. Is there anything special that we could use to commemorate this trip?

Buy some t shirts, Christmas ornaments, pins and stuff like that. Something you can look at a year or two from now and remember your trip.

Beside what was already mentioned, Afternoon Tea at DLH would be fun.

If it were me I'd be inclined to set it aside and give myself a reason to make a quick trip in the near future.
I agree. We also have hotel paid for and character dinners/breakfast basically everything is paid for our vacation in December . We do not buy many souvenirs , but any GC i have left over will just go to next trip. DH and I will be going back in January for our bdays.

Any way to add to the pot and extend for a day?

I'd probably keep them for the next trip. If that's too far into the future, then I'd probably buy a splurge souvenir like a new Dooney or something nice and sparkly from the Fortuosity Shop. The cabana is a nice idea, but I probably wouldn't do it if it cut into park time.

It's one of the problems with GC and why I don't put all my eggs in that basket. If that $500 was cash you could use it for anything, anywhere. With Disney GC, you're locked in.

If you didn't get a Photopass, that's a worthwhile add-on, and then you can order lots of extra pictures and items from the pictures (magnets with your favorite photos, mugs, etc.
Someone mentioned getting a cabana. We did that, and it was nice not having to run to the snackbar to get food while watching a small child. It was also nice having shelter from the sun. But this would be if you are already planning some pool time.

Is there any way you can extend your trip for an extra day? That 500 could pay for an extension to your tickets

My favorite premium experience is the WOC dessert show...but we will have to wait and see if and when that returns.

Napa Rose Chef Counter is another great experience.

Look and see if any of the Guided Tours appeal to you.
I really hope the WOC dessert party comes back. My heart is set on doing this next year.

If you didn't get a Photopass, that's a worthwhile add-on, and then you can order lots of extra pictures and items from the pictures (magnets with your favorite photos, mugs, etc.
Someone mentioned getting a cabana. We did that, and it was nice not having to run to the snackbar to get food while watching a small child. It was also nice having shelter from the sun. But this would be if you are already planning some pool time.

Is there any way you can extend your trip for an extra day? That 500 could pay for an extension to your tickets
it's cheaper to get maxpass. At least for now.

Disney gift cards don't expire in CA, so if you can't think of a way to spend it this trip (i.e. a way to spend it on something that you really, really want), you could keep the gift cards for a future trip, for future gifts, future MHP?, for a future something, etc. As a Disney fan, you know it isn't going to be hard for something to come up in the future where you could spend your gift cards! (You've mentioned that your little sister will be getting a back brace -- I can see you using the gift cards on a surprise/spontaneous "cheering up" weekend at DLR for her in the future or using the gift cards as seed for her "congratulations on getting out of the brace" trip...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter