What to serve with Hot Dogs?

Disney Cakers

Mouseketeer
This may seem like a weird question... but what do you like to serve with your hot dogs?

I love hot dogs - but I always end up with just that! I was curious to see what others serve with theirs (like corn on the cob, or baked potato) and maybe someone actually has a vegetable they like with hot dogs that isn't a starch? LOL :rotfl2:

During the winter time since I live up north I usually just serve french fries with them.

During the summer, I love to make my homemade baked beans, deviled eggs, potato salad or baked red potatos on the grill, macaroni salad, taco salad, pickles, chips, watermelon slices. Is your mouth watering yet? ;)

During the winter time since I live up north I usually just serve french fries with them.

During the summer, I love to make my homemade baked beans, deviled eggs, potato salad or baked red potatos on the grill, macaroni salad, taco salad, pickles, chips, watermelon slices. Is your mouth watering yet? ;)

Plus, I make a great michigan sauce to top the hotdogs with. Add chopped onions and its a winner!

French fries, and potato chips. French fries are a vegtable ;)

Cole slaw is a real vegetable that could be served.

I like the Chicago dogs that have tomato, cucumber, etc. on them.

Chili, or hamburger on the side.

Fries are good too.

I hate this diet...

we usually have slaw and potato chips(or frech fries) with hotdogs.
On occasion we will have 3 bean salad or a tossed salas instead of slaw.

In the winter its Mac-n-Cheese. In the summer, it can be as simple as some chips and green beans. The local corn doesnt come out till August so its a long wait for that. Yellow/summer squash is great too.

I usually serve canned corn with hotdogs. Sometimes I'll make mac & cheese or fries too, but I don't normally like to double up on starches (bun). Occasionally I'll heat up some canned baked beans also.

Not a veggie, but we usually have pierogies (fried in butter) with our hot dogs! That was the norm where I grew up and the hot dog shops there almost always serve 'em.

Trish Bessette said:
Plus, I make a great michigan sauce to top the hotdogs with. Add chopped onions and its a winner!

I've lived in Michigan all my life... and I have no idea.... what is michigan sauce? :confused3

I love hot dogs w/sauerkraut. Maybe it's a PA thing but that's one of my favorites. Another favorite is w/ baked beans.

If it's a hot dog in a bun, french fries or potato/macaroni salad.

In the summer - deviled eggs or potato salad and cut veggies (carrots and broccoli etc.) with dip.
In the winter - usually a green salad or a winter soup (like squash)
Yum, now I'm hungry. Good thing it's almost lunchtime!

Potato chips go well, some sort of pasta salad or macaroni and cheese, I love baked beans even though most of my family doesn't eat them. I even like them alone-boiled or grilled.

For DD's up coming birhtday cookout we are having hotdogs/burgers/grilled chicken
the sides we are having are
Asian Slaw
Red skinned potato salad
veggies and dip
baked beans
fruit plate

Michigan Sauce = any good craft beer brewed by one of Michigan's many craft breweries.:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!