What to do with September trip?

Nobody here can say. But if you give us a bit more info about your trip perhaps we can offer our opinion.

Staying Friday through Monday September 4-7. Staying at boardwalk inn. Doing Halloween party on the 4th. Should we cancel trip and just add a day to our December trip?

While no one knows when or if things are opening, I will say that I would be concerned about the Halloween party. Based on what they're doing in Shanghai at this point (and which, based on statements Bob Chapek has made, are likely to be similar to the early measures taken in Orlando), they aren't doing meet-and-greets, parades, or fireworks. For most people, those are the big draw of MNSSHP. They may well work it out before then or have something else planned, but it's something to think about.

For that reason, if it were me, I might just add time in December. Better weather then anyway.

We have a 3 week on-site trip booked for the end of August. I should have been weary when all of our plans fell into place perfectly....we are waiting it out but if it's not the full experience that we are used to we will be cancelling. MNSSHP is also booked. I just can't rationalize paying that much and not have parades, fireworks and meet and greets ... Really, what's the point in paying for candy as that would be the only thing differentiating a MNSSHP night from any other night.

I can tell you that I just cancelled my Labor day weekend and some of the following week trip and booked a December trip. I just don't want to deal with the heat, hurricane season and all the unknowns of re-opening measures. My hope is that things will be running more smoothly by December than it will be by September. The weather is better. And if I make it a more Christmas decor centered trip versus tons of park time I should be happier when I go to my Happy Place!

Staying Friday through Monday September 4-7. Staying at boardwalk inn. Doing Halloween party on the 4th. Should we cancel trip and just add a day to our December trip?
I think you should cancel and add a day in December.

We are keeping our Sept trip unless they are closed. We are 24-30th and not going for any parties. Will be just fine if things are not 100% reopen too. We will be back April 2021, we go every spring and this sept was rebook from an April cancelled trip.

I have a September/Labor Day weekend trip planned at the BWI, too. Hoping that things will be much better, so at this point just waiting to hear about reopening dates and plans. I have the free dining recovery offer and would like to take advantage of the discount. I am going to wait and see what happens. Tonight, I should have been eating at the California Grill enjoying the fireworks.

I have a September/Labor Day weekend trip planned at the BWI, too. Hoping that things will be much better, so at this point just waiting to hear about reopening dates and plans. I have the free dining recovery offer and would like to take advantage of the discount. I am going to wait and see what happens. Tonight, I should have been eating at the California Grill enjoying the fireworks.
Thank you! Yes I think we decided to keep it. Looks like things are on their way back

We also plan a trip in September (11th to 20th) and are keeping it so far.

Before we decided we talked about our expectations and what are the "minimum requirements" for going.

In our case this is:

-all 4 parks open, 90% of attractions (rides) operational --> this is our main focus of the trip

optional:
- parades
- fireworks
- water parks
- character meet & greets

Also we dont care about waring face masks

I think when your expectations are clear its easier to decide whether and when to cancel.

We also plan a trip in September (11th to 20th) and are keeping it so far.

Before we decided we talked about our expectations and what are the "minimum requirements" for going.

In our case this is:

-all 4 parks open, 90% of attractions (rides) operational --> this is our main focus of the trip

optional:
- parades
- fireworks
- water parks
- character meet & greets

Also we dont care about waring face masks

I think when your expectations are clear its easier to decide whether and when to cancel.
Same for us. Our daughter is not going this trip, so as long as we get dining, shopping, Halloween party ... we be just fine

I would do the Dec trip only. Sept they will still be working out he kinks. Christmas is a great time. Plus you will save money by not doing two trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!