What to do when others are on FOP

blondietink

DIS Veteran
My oldest son cannot/will not ride on Flights of Passage due to low muscle tone, fear, seizures, etc. So, while I will get a FP for the other 2 in our party, what should we do while we are waiting for them?

you can get an FP for river ride in Pandora, go see the lion king show ( do not need an FP for this) but if the other are FP the ride it should only take 30 or so minutes to do the ride. there is a shop in pandora you can see the drum show in Pandora

Pandora is beautiful to explore, walk the paths, check out all the interesting plants, the different vantage points are incredible. In addition to the above suggestions would he be interested in face painting. While not something we usually do the one's there are really cool.

PHOTO CREDIT: Living By Disney

File-May-15-3-12-12-PM.jpeg

Pandora is beautiful to explore, walk the paths, check out all the interesting plants, the different vantage points are incredible. In addition to the above suggestions would he be interested in face painting. While not something we usually do the one's there are really cool.

PHOTO CREDIT: Living By Disney

File-May-15-3-12-12-PM.jpeg

That looks cool, but alas, he would not let anyone touch his face. We tried it in Hawaii and even after watching other people get face paintings, he would only let them paint something on his arm.

We will probably end up just wandering around until the FP people get off FOP. We all want to do the river ride and hopefully I will be able to DAS it.

Last edited:
That looks cool, but alas, he would let let anyone touch his face. We tried it in Hawaii and even after watching other people get face paintings, he would only let them paint something on his arm.

We will probably end up just wandering around until the FP people get off FOP. We all want to do the river ride and hopefully I will be able to DAS it.

I hear you, my DS made huge strides when they let him paint something on his hand. Have to say I was shocked when years later he let them paint his face for a MNSSHP.

Well, when they go to FoP, you go over to Navi' and get your DAS so the clock starts ticking. DS and I have actually wandered the areas and paths, once we found a "rock bench" on a path and we sat and I pulled out his iPod for him, once we got a Navi' snack and drink and enjoyed that .... and once we took the path wandering towards Africa that is very quiet and there was an awesome musical duo under the bridge that were very good. The land is SO detailed and so many things to look at, I could spend hours doing just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!