• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do in Saint Kitts?

mikethedigiartist

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Saint Kitts on the Independence of the Seas. Myself, DW and DD (11 months) would love to find something to do for three hours or so. It's our first time to Saint Kitts but have been to St Thomas, St Maarten, St John, Tortola...

We enjoy beaches, exploring the islands and touring. Not desiring to shop or eat on the island. Any experiences on Saint Kitts with unique sights, incredible vistas and the best way to see them in approximately three hours?

We are thinking about the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour. It's a unique train ride through the island that lasts approximately three hours. I think it can only be booked through Royal. Check under Shore Excursions in your booking for more info. Also try the Ports of Call section on Cruise Critic. There's a whole section dedicated to each port.

We are thinking about the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour. It's a unique train ride through the island that lasts approximately three hours. I think it can only be booked through Royal. Check under Shore Excursions in your booking for more info. Also try the Ports of Call section on Cruise Critic. There's a whole section dedicated to each port.

You might also see it referred to as the "Sugar Train". We did this excursion and LOVED it; the crew on the train were really hospitable and there was lots of interesting local information. We also found it very relaxing after several days of more "extreme" activities on other islands. I highly recommend it. (BWT, you can not book this excursion independently if you're arriving by cruise ship - the company is contracted to all the cruiselines. Even if you could, it's only a little less expensive and you'd still have to get yourselves to the station. The ship's excursion will include the transfers.

We are thinking about the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour. It's a unique train ride through the island that lasts approximately three hours.

You might also see it referred to as the "Sugar Train". We did this excursion and LOVED it; the crew on the train were really hospitable and there was lots of interesting local information. We also found it very relaxing after several days of more "extreme" activities on other islands.

Super, thanks y'all. The rail tour caught my eye on my initial research too. Good to hear the experience has been good, and it's a bonus that it was found to be relaxing as well. I doubt I will book in advance, but knowing I have to book on board is good since we typically do excursions on our own.

Super, thanks y'all. The rail tour caught my eye on my initial research too. Good to hear the experience has been good, and it's a bonus that it was found to be relaxing as well. I doubt I will book in advance, but knowing I have to book on board is good since we typically do excursions on our own.

I had done tons of research for all of our Southern Caribbean ports including the St. Kitts Sugar Train. http://www.stkittsscenicrailway.com/

When I tried to book direct, which you do by e-mailing them, they specifically asked if we were cruise ship passengers. They then declined to do the booking as per their contract with the cruiselines. I immediately booked the cruiseline excursion in advance on-line as I didn't want to risk it selling out. Two couples sharing our dinner table booked on board the night before though. I'd say the capacity for the excursion was about 100, so it's unlikely to sell out. I hope you have a great time.

P.S. - they serve sugar cake and unlimited rum drinks and bottled water on the train included in the fare!

We're on this cruise next week. I've never been to st Kitt, but we're hitting the beach, either at the Carambola beach club on South Friars Bay or at the Marriott beach club on Frigate Bay.

One word of advice. Make sure your bags are closed. Unlike most islands, it's not pickpockets you have to worry about, it's the monkeys. St Kitts has a lot of monkeys and they will go into your bag if you leave it unattended (like on a beach).

We're on this cruise next week. I've never been to st Kitt, but we're hitting the beach, either at the Carambola beach club on South Friars Bay or at the Marriott beach club on Frigate Bay.

Nice, Carambola beach club looks like an ideal beach to chill. Do you know if the beaches there are public access (like in St Thomas)? Or do you have to pay the resort/venu?

One word of advice. Make sure your bags are closed. Unlike most islands, it's not pickpockets you have to worry about, it's the monkeys. St Kitts has a lot of monkeys and they will go into your bag if you leave it unattended (like on a beach).

Thanks for the advice. That would be me chasing a monkey down the beach.

We did the Carambola Beach club a couple of years ago. We rented some chairs and enjoyed the beach. Nice beach with views of Nevis. Easy to get a taxi there and he was happy to come back and get us. I think they have a Facebook page.

We found an excellent island tour just off the pier outside the gates. The price was much less than the cruise line, and the local guide was fantastic.

We took a cab to Cockleshell Beach a couple of weeks ago. We just relaxed on the beach and rented waverunners. We paid $10 for 2 chairs and an umbrella.

We rented a car and drove to Brimstone Fortress. Breathtaking views! We stopped on the way back to the ship to buy some chicken from a lady selling it on the side of the road. Great chicken. I think it was $50ish for the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter