• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do and where to eat in Celebration?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Hi! On our upcoming December trip, my DH and I want to take one late afternoon and evening to see a little of Celebration. Where should we go and what should we see? I really don't know anything about it. We are hoping to see some nice Christmas decorations, see some of the homes, etc. Also, where is the best place for us to eat dinner there? Any advice would be appreciated!

GEM

We had a drive around there last Dec and it was beautiful - we thought the houses looked unreal with the Christmas lights and decorations.

I asked a friend who lives at Celebration about Christmas events, and he said that it has snowfall on the main street in the evenings, and roaming carollers and santas. Sounds great to me, we'll be heading over there! I think it's such a waste that he vacations every year over the holidays, I think if I lived there I wouldn't ever leave!

I will ask about restaurants,etc next time I speak with him, and let you know.

Thanks! I would appreciate any information you could get. Do you think most of the action in the evening (snow, carrolers, santas, etc.) takes place on the main street? Is there a certain place we should head to? How do we find main street? I guess our plan is to drive around and see some of the homes and then head to main street to walk around a little before we have dinner. Are most of the restaurants and shops on the main street to? I really have no idea what to expect.

For a restaurant, try Columbia. It's a Spanish-Cuban place and the food is excellent!

Hi,
You'll know exactly where Main St. is.
It's not difficult to find your way around.
it seems everything leads back to Main st.
If you are in the mood for a movie they have a great theatre there.
I think Monsters Inc. will be playing around that time.
During the day they have an open market on Main St.
Great stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter