What to do? 24 points in Holding

Dracarys

Mouseketeer
Hi! We just returned from our first trip using points! My in-laws travelled with us, but decided to check out one day early. They already paid us for the maintenance cost on the points for the full trip. I wasn’t expecting to get the points back, but I checked today and there they were, 24 points in holding. Our use year is June. Not sure what I should do with these points as we were planning to return June 1. Any suggestions?

Welcome to DVC life - where there's always a new excuse for a quick lil weekend trip :-) Have fun, and let us know when the Addonitis strikes lol!

Alternatively, can try to rent them out, but be aware of holding point booking limitations.

Holding points can only be booked at 60 days out. I would try to add a night before your June 1 trip using the Holding points.
And I will add that if the 24 pts. aren't quite enough, you can purchase OTUPs to make up the difference.

Since your reservations would span across UYs, they will not be able to be combined under one confirmation number. But you can ask MS to link them so that you do not have to move.

And I will add that if the 24 pts. aren't quite enough, you can purchase OTUPs to make up the difference.

Since your reservations would span across UYs, they will not be able to be combined under one confirmation number. But you can ask MS to link them so that you do not have to move.
Hmm. That’s an idea! An extra day at Disney! But I won’t be able to book till 60 days before? Does that time of year have a better chance of getting a last minute reservation? We are staying in a 1 bedroom GF.

Welcome to DVC life - where there's always a new excuse for a quick lil weekend trip :-) Have fun, and let us know when the Addonitis strikes lol!

Alternatively, can try to rent them out, but be aware of holding point booking limitations.
Ha! The addiction is real! We bought the Platinum AP when they did the special, and now I’m always thinking about another trip. We just got back! :rotfl2:

Hmm. That’s an idea! An extra day at Disney! But I won’t be able to book till 60 days before? Does that time of year have a better chance of getting a last minute reservation? We are staying in a 1 bedroom GF.

60 days out is going to be though everywhere but GFV in particular, are you open to a split stay, likely at SSR or OKW? The chance of loosing them is high. When are they going to expire?
I would try to rent them out at a discoubted rate and use the proceedings to book a nice restaurant during your next stay.

I'll bet you can find some days available in Hilton Head and Vero Beach. Both are great options...

1 bedrooms are the last ones to book up and I have had luck with 1 bedroom at GFV in August within 60 days. I only needed two nights so it worked. I would say maybe you could get lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter