What time to leave Pop for AK Na’vi rope drop?

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
We are planning on going to AK on a Sunday, 8AM opening
What time should we leave pop if we want to ride Na’vi without more than 15min wait?
I know the park often opens before 8:00
Would leaving pop around 7:00 be ok? Not willing to be in the rope drop crowd for Fop (I know we are going to the same spot but I don’t mind being in the back of the crowd, planning on taking a slow stroll!)

Nav'i was a walk-on through about 8:30am from what I remember the last time I rope dropped at 8am. I was able to get both FOP and Nav'i done by 8:30 and I arrived to the park at 7:15, doing FOP first. FOP starts operating earlier than scheduled opening

We did this last week. My husband and boys rope dropped FoP, my friend and I did Navi. We were there at 7:30 for an 8 am opening and they were already letting people on the Pandora rides. We calmly walked in, got on Navi with no wait and were still at the rope drop area near Safari before 8. Being at the back of the crowd for a slow stroll to Pandora should be no trouble at all. I would shoot for getting there no later than 7:30 though.

When I did it in May, I got on the bus to AK about 7:15 (might have been the first bus of the day). Walked to the security area where they hold you until that opens; went through there to the turnstiles to wait for those to open.

Hint: Most people gather at the left side of the turnstiles because you go left to get to Pandora. Go to the right, as far as you can. Usually that area is empty and you'll be first through the turnstile when it opens. Then just cut across diagonally to get to Pandora.

When I did it I ended up just about 2 people back on the far right, next to some turnstiles that were covered, so people assumed they won't be operating. Surprise! A CM walked over and uncovered them, and everybody who noticed quick darted over there and beat the crowd.

Once through the turnstile, walk briskly (no need to run) to your left, and you'll get to the bridge to Pandora. You'll be held there until that part of the park opens. Then you'll be led around some curvy lanes to the standby line.

Even if there's a crowd ahead of you, you should be fine to basically just keep walking until you get to the ride itself. When I rode it I don't think the line stopped until right before you go into the room where the ride is. After I got done riding it, I got right back in line again and had ridden it twice before 9:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter