What time should I make my ADRs for with little kids?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have 2 kids, one is 4 and one will be 1 1/2 when we go. I'm assuming we will go back to the hotel in the afternoon so the little one will nap. What time do you think we should eat? 5:30....6? Anyone have any experience with kids this age?

Thanks!

Mine were two and five once when we went ... so that is close.

I would plan on trying to have an early dinner so you cut down on your wait time. Even with an ADR sometimes you have to wait a bit. I would go with a 5:00ish ADR.

WDWO

I'd suggest that you keep them on a schedule as close as possible to what you do at home. Do you nap from 2-4 and then eat at 5? Then do that. Do you have juice when they get up from naps and delay dinner till 6:30?

Where are you coming from? If you are from CA, they'll be adjusting to the time change...and you'll want to eat earlier.

As above, the early ADRs will have less wait than something like 6p. You can probably shift the kids 30 minutes without much problem, but if you try to change their schedules by hours, you'll be having whine with your meal.

I'll agree with the others. Keeping as close to my DDs schedule as possible made our whole first trip much easier. By 4 and 5, she wasn't napping in the afternoon and was eating dinner by 5 so she could be in bed by 7 or 7:30, so that's what we did at WDW. To this day, I'm really glad that I chose to stay within DDs tolerance level and maybe miss a few things instead of pushing her to see everything and having her be miserable. My mantra was "You can't see it ALL anyway!" so we did what we did and we both had wonderful memories of the trip.

Don't stick to MY schedule, but you know YOUR kids and what they need. :)

We did between 5:00 and 5:30 when we went and the kids were that age. Remember that you need to give yourself enough time to get to whatever restaurant you've chosen--which can vary depending on location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter