What time does the parade end?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
The pixar play parade is scheduled to begin at 6 with a run time of 45 minutes. Does that mean it is 45 from coming out of Small World to final float through Main Street. Or 45 minutes of actual floats in front of you, like 1st float passes in front of hub and then 45 min later last float passes in front of same spot on hub?

We are trying to plan our dining time for after the parade. We have it scheduled at 6:50 and are assuming it will be well past carnation cafe by that time.

Also doesn't second parade go from MS to IASW? Or is it the other way around?

I'm sure someone else will have an actual answer for you, but I looked up the Paint the Night parade and it says 40 minutes on the Disney site. Then my husband watched a youtube video of it and it was 20 minutes. So my guess is the 40 minutes is from the start to the last float at the end of the route.

The parades are not 40 minutes long, more like 20. The timing will depend on where you are. For the 6:00 parade, it should be done by 6:50 no matter which way it is going.

The parade changes direction every show. When I was there last week, the early parade went from It's a Small World to Town Square, and the later parade did the opposite. The second day I was there though there was only one parade time, so, I would imagine that can affect the direction of the next day's shows. (EDIT: It does not.)

Last edited:
First parade or only parade goes from IASW to Town Square (if only parade, they will move it back after hours). If there is a second parade, it will go from Town Square back to IASW.

First parade or only parade goes from IASW to Town Square (if only parade, they will move it back after hours). If there is a second parade, it will go from Town Square back to IASW.

Ah, I did not know that they moved it back after hours. Thanks.

The new Pixar parade is pretty long... longer than Paint the Night. I’d say close to 30at least in front of you

Ah, I did not know that they moved it back after hours. Thanks.
An exception to this was when they would run a Soundsational parade during the day, then 2 Paint The Nights. Soundsational would be positioned each night down at Town Square, because the area there is not large enough for both parade's floats. So, it would go back to Town Square each night after hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter