What time does everyone like to check out???

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I have two options on what flight I can leave at and thought I would ask everyone's thoughts on the subject. One is a 8:20 am and the other is 5:30 pm. The difference of price is about 80 dollars with the later one being much more expensive. I wanted to know, do some of you prefer a later flight or instead rather just pack and go. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you again.

Definitely later flight. I'd rather sleep in and check out of my resort at 11am, than head to Disney Springs for a nice lunch somewhere.

I have two options on what flight I can leave at and thought I would ask everyone's thoughts on the subject. One is a 8:20 am and the other is 5:30 pm. The difference of price is about 80 dollars with the later one being much more expensive. I wanted to know, do some of you prefer a later flight or instead rather just pack and go. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you again.
We check out at 11:00am, then store our luggage with the concierge or in our vehicle if driving. We enjoy a pool/resort day and leave in the evening.

We did this when we stayed at the Beach Club and enjoyed a day at Stormalong Bay. That night we checked into our Orlando hotel for the Universal leg of our trip.

On our upcoming trip, we are thinking of renting a pool cabana for half of the day. That way we have a home base. Family can hang at the pool and/or come and go as they please. We are leaving late afternoon to drive and stay overnight in Jacksonville. This will make the next two days of driving a little shorter.

depends. If we drive, we like to hit the road around 2pm. So we check out at 10am ash....and just lounge by the pool all afternoon before we hit the road.

When we fly, it all depends on the air fare. This June, the cheaper flight is @ 7pm. So again, we will just hang out by the pool all day long before magic express picks us up at 4pm.

Depends on if I need to get home at a reasonable time of day because I have to get up the next day.
If I need to get home I'd go with the early flight which kinda sucks because you'd be leaving for the airport around 5:30am.
If I didn't have to do anything the next day I'd definitely go with the later flight. Then I would sleep in and check my luggage with RAC and then head to Disney Springs for some lunch and last minute shopping and then get back to my hotel a good 15 minutes prior to my DME pick up time.

Get up and go!!! Our second to last day is our "last" day.

Once we had a later flight. I hated it! Felt like we just spent the whole day waiting to leave.

We take a 9:00 am (or close to) flight home. We do this everywhere we vacation, not just Disney. Works great. :)

I haven’t been to Disney World yet, but I do travel a lot and totally agree with this. I hate the way I feel on edge all day when it’s a flight late in the day, and would much rather get up and go. It’s worse in a hotel, but even when we are staying with family, I hate the way that day feels like dead time.

We leave in the morning. We like to get home at an early time. With picking up our dogs, unpacking our stuff, their stuff, & getting settled back in at home, it just works out better for us.

We prefer the later flight. But....
difference of price is about 80 dollars with the later one being much more expensive.
...would make a difference. $80 per ticket or for everyone traveling? we would save the money and take the early flight. With a 5:30 flight how much time would you really have in the parks that day? Not really a full day and then there is the cost of park tickets for that day.

I would add up all the costs (car rental for a day, park ticket, meals and flight) then figure out how many hours we're getting in the parks and see if it's worth it to me. It would be different for a couple than a family. It would be different using DME than renting a car. It would be different for AP holders.

Depends on if I need to get home at a reasonable time of day because I have to get up the next day.
If I need to get home I'd go with the early flight which kinda sucks because you'd be leaving for the airport around 5:30am.
If I didn't have to do anything the next day I'd definitely go with the later flight. Then I would sleep in and check my luggage with RAC and then head to Disney Springs for some lunch and last minute shopping and then get back to my hotel a good 15 minutes prior to my DME pick up time.
I am planning on taking the next day off from work.

We prefer the later flight. But....

...would make a difference. $80 per ticket or for everyone traveling? we would save the money and take the early flight. With a 5:30 flight how much time would you really have in the parks that day? Not really a full day and then there is the cost of park tickets for that day.

I would add up all the costs (car rental for a day, park ticket, meals and flight) then figure out how many hours we're getting in the parks and see if it's worth it to me. It would be different for a couple than a family. It would be different using DME than renting a car. It would be different for AP holders.
I'm traveling solo

Thank you all for your replies!!! Cannot say enough how much I love the Disney community!!! Whenever I have a question they are always there when you need them.

I leave at 4:30am - but I'm going straight back to work from WDW, so I don't really have a choice. If I had a choice, I'd be at the resort until they kicked me out at 11:00.

I'm traveling solo
I travel solo often. Is the $80 worth it to you? Will you add an extra day to your tickets? If you're taking DME you'll leave the resort around 2:30 so you don't get a full day in the park. Might not be an issue. On my Sept 2017 trip I had a 6:30PM flight out and spent departure day in Disney Springs and taking buses to different resorts. Made a whole day out of it. But the later flight was less expensive for me than the early flight so rather than take the more expensive flight I chose to save money. I also fly across country so I like getting into Los Angeles late - much less traffic heading home.

Is this a first solo trip for you?

I travel solo often. Is the $80 worth it to you? Will you add an extra day to your tickets? If you're taking DME you'll leave the resort around 2:30 so you don't get a full day in the park. Might not be an issue. On my Sept 2017 trip I had a 6:30PM flight out and spent departure day in Disney Springs and taking buses to different resorts. Made a whole day out of it. But the later flight was less expensive for me than the early flight so rather than take the more expensive flight I chose to save money. I also fly across country so I like getting into Los Angeles late - much less traffic heading home.

Is this a first solo trip for you?

The added advantage us westcoasters have is the fact we gain 3 hours coming back making the later departure from mco not so much of an issue.
I agree with getting into lax late for avoiding traffic.we like to travel on saturday as well to avoid the friday and sunday evening jams.(The interchanges turn into parking lots)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!