What time do Tokyo Disney hotels become available to book online each day?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I know it's 5 months out, but is it 9am Tokyo time each new day rolls over?

Anyone?
It's all gone very quiet over on these boards!

Yes, 9 am Tokyo time. Just checked my old confirmation. It's from 2 years ago though, so not sure if anything's changed (I would't think so?).

Yes, 9 am Tokyo time. Just checked my old confirmation. It's from 2 years ago though, so not sure if anything's changed (I would't think so?).
Thanks for the reply.
I've seen 11am listed at some point, so just trying to be sure!

I hate to confuse matters but I think that it is actually 11 am Tokyo time that you are able to book. In October, before we changed our clocks here in Boston for daylight savings, I booked a package at 10 p.m. Boston time (that would have been 11 am Tokyo time as Tokyo was 13 hours ahead of us then). Japan doesn't turn its clocks back for daylight savings so last month when I booked a hotel only night (after we set our clocks an hour back for daylight savings) the new reservations became available at 9 p.m. Boston time (11 am Tokyo time). Something to keep in mind - I found that if something wasn't available at first it was worth retrying during that first hour of booking as rooms would suddenly become available after showing up as full (perhaps due to foreign credit cards being rejected). Good luck!

I hate to confuse matters but I think that it is actually 11 am Tokyo time that you are able to book. In October, before we changed our clocks here in Boston for daylight savings, I booked a package at 10 p.m. Boston time (that would have been 11 am Tokyo time as Tokyo was 13 hours ahead of us then). Japan doesn't turn its clocks back for daylight savings so last month when I booked a hotel only night (after we set our clocks an hour back for daylight savings) the new reservations became available at 9 p.m. Boston time (11 am Tokyo time). Something to keep in mind - I found that if something wasn't available at first it was worth retrying during that first hour of booking as rooms would suddenly become available after showing up as full (perhaps due to foreign credit cards being rejected). Good luck!
Thanks for the advice!
I think you're right that it's 11am (perhaps it used to be 9am as I've read a bit of conflicting information)

Just throwing this out there, you won't necessarily have your choice of rooms and the MiraCosta is harder to book, but if you somehow miss the 5 month on-line booking window, you can check Japanican.com (a hotel booking website for foreign tourists owned by JTB one of the largest travel agencies in Japan) to see if there is any availability. After someone in another thread posted about having to use a package because all rooms were fully booked, I checked Japanican. 3 of the days that poster wanted were available through Japanican at the Ambassador and 2 were available at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

Also depending on time of year you're going and room choice, rooms won't immediately all vanish at 5 months, ignoring using Japanican. I stayed for 2 nights in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel last June and booked my rooms in April. I wanted whatever room was cheapest vs. a specific room/view, but I did get my booking.

Hotel booking sites and Japanese hotels/ryokans can be weird. Last June I spent 1 night at the Dormy Nagano. It was fully booked with Booking.com but had availability with Hotels.com. I also just booked a room at the Granvia Hiroshima for June 2018, even though it's "full" according to Booking.

Top tip, thank you!

You're welcome, a lot depends when you are booking for. Week ends and big holidays in Japan are harder, but you can even sometimes get those on Japanican, particularly week ends. Average week days, as long as you are not picky, you can get later than 5 months. I found my reservation email, I booked my room at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel April 24 for June 20+21st. I just wanted a room and picked the cheapest option for 39,000 yen a night. I am pretty sure I got a free upgrade when I actually checked in, since the room was on a higher floor and larger than expected. (Which in our case wasn't necessary, there were only two of us!)

So please don't drive yourself crazy. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts