What time can I pick up my express passes on check in day?

BingoJoe

Mouseketeer
I booked a night in Royal Pacific to get the express pass (and for a little change in location) but someone just told me check in isn’t until 4pm.

Can I arrive in the morning and still get my express passes?

The check in system is loaded after midnight.
It can allow guests to check in early that morning.

Now if they have any type of delay, you might not be able to check in at 6 am but usually within that hour

If a room was not occupied the night prior would be the only way to get actual access to the room when you check in that early.

If you check in early and your room is not ready, they still give you EPs and will have you come back for new ones when they assign you a room.

I check in early at the hotel and get my hotel card then.
They can't assign you a room and give you the room number until the room has been released into the system.

Once you have the hotel key card, you don't have to go back to the hotel front desk.
They can set the room number on your card without you having to come back to the front desk

I usually get a text from the front desk telling me my room number if it was not assigned when I check in.
Then I text back and ask that my luggage be placed in the room.

They can't assign you a room and give you the room number until the room has been released into the system.

Once you have the hotel key card, you don't have to go back to the hotel front desk.
They can set the room number on your card without you having to come back to the front desk

I usually get a text from the front desk telling me my room number if it was not assigned when I check in.
Portofino makes us come back for new cards. They had us do it last month. I wonder if it's a PBH thing!

You would know better than me on PB.
You were there last month
I won't be back onsite until next month.

Haven't stayed there in quite a few years but at RP, the card I got when I checked in, was valid for my stay.
Last stay there was ten months back.

I haven't read of any changes yet but Schumigirl will be there soon (RP) and I'm sure she will update us if their policies also changed.

I'll get the stickies updated if it is needed to reflect changes.

You would know better than me on PB.
You were there last month
I won't be back onsite until next month.

Haven't stayed there in quite a few years but at RP, the card I got when I checked in, was valid for my stay.
Last stay there was ten months back.

I haven't read of any changes yet but Schumigirl will be there soon (RP) and I'm sure she will update us if their policies also changed.

I'll get the stickies updated if it is needed to reflect changes.
Thanks. If it helps at all, I just reviewed my texts from them (PBH) and when we went in May 2018 the text says "the keys you have in hand will work" and by Sept 2018 it says "please come by the desk to reprogram your keys" which is the same as July 2019. I admit it is kind of a pain to have to wait in the check in line twice.

Was just there last weekend and we stayed at Royal Pacific. Checked in early (6-7am) but we did have to go back to the front desk for new cards to get our room access. They even issued new cards. Thought it was strange as it never happened before and the line was slow. They did send a text when the room was ready.

Was just there last weekend and we stayed at Royal Pacific. Checked in early (6-7am) but we did have to go back to the front desk for new cards to get our room access. They even issued new cards. Thought it was strange as it never happened before and the line was slow. They did send a text when the room was ready.
Many thanks you posted and shared the change for RP!

Now when I check in to RP next month, I will be prepared to make two visits to the front desk for the room key.
I save all my room keys for the pictures on them.......hahaha

Can't say which card pictures I love the most......but the minions ones always steals my ❤

Now when I check in to RP next month, I will be prepared to make two visits to the front desk for the room key.

Can't say which card pictures I love the most......but the minions ones always steals my ❤
Hopefully they will have fixed this problem because it was a really long wait just for new keys. Very frustrating. I’ve been many other times to RP and did not have the problem.

Happened to me last month at RPR. Checked in early morning and headed to the parks. Had to go to the front desk for new keys when the room was ready.

We stayed at RPR a couple of weeks ago. Checked in around 10:00 AM, checked in (room was not ready - no surprise there) and got room keys. Later in the day, got a text that our room was ready and we were able to go straight to the room - we did not have to go to the desk for new keys.

Good information here. We arrive on 9/12. I’m really hoping we do not have to go back to the desk a second time. My husband has numerous health issues, most of which are neurological. He will be ready for a break when we go back to the hotel to get in our room late afternoon. I will post which ever the situation is so others will know. Good day all! I’m sooo out the door to RPR! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!