What time (and time zone) does a DVC day begin?

stagemomto3

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to get a reservation at a non-home resort, so wanted to make sure that I am logging in right when the date I want opens up. Is the time midnight on the day in question? EST?

Thanks for any help!

For DVC rooms the time is 8am EST. FL still observed daylight savings this year (Sen. Rubio’s bill stalled in Congress).

I advise you to set up your tabs the night before. Maybe do some extra tabs with multiple searches, for the same thing, so you can hit one after the other, right at 8 AM. Then, at 7:45 Eastern time, log on, start checking your tabs and search for what you want. Maybe try to book it. (There have been times when the program let people book a little bit early, when it wasn’t supposed to, but I haven’t heard that in a while.) When it tells you you can’t reserve that yet, you will know that you are still too early. So, when it won’t let you book, go back and set the search again. Get to the screen where it shows you the resort, the room and the dates. Precisely at 8 AM, choose it, and try to move on to the next screen, the reservation screen. Keep trying until it lets you.

I advise you to set up your tabs the night before. Maybe do some extra tabs with multiple searches, for the same thing, so you can hit one after the other, right at 8 AM. Then, at 7:45 Eastern time, log on, start checking your tabs and search for what you want. Maybe try to book it. (There have been times when the program let people book a little bit early, when it wasn’t supposed to, but I haven’t heard that in a while.) When it tells you you can’t reserve that yet, you will know that you are still too early. So, when it won’t let you book, go back and set the search again. Get to the screen where it shows you the resort, the room and the dates. Precisely at 8 AM, choose it, and try to move on to the next screen, the reservation screen. Keep trying until it lets you.

Careful on that. I tried it and it timed out. So when I hit enter at 8:00, it logged me off. By time I signed back in, what i wanted was gone.

Yes, the site will time you out. Especially if you just let it sit for five minutes or so. But if you have more than one tab open to the member site, and you keep clicking different places on the menu and bringing up a new page every minute or two, then it shouldn’t time you out, because it sees that you are doing things.

Florida's change to DST year round will require an act of congress.
Europe is having the same talk, and the idea is that next year will be the last time we change the time. Each country can then decide if they want summer or winter time.

Europe is having the same talk, and the idea is that next year will be the last time we change the time. Each country can then decide if they want summer or winter time.
In the US, Daylight Savings Time is not mandatory so a State can opt out without needing Government approval. Only Arizona (except for the Navajo Nation), Hawaii and most island territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, USVI, etc.) don't observe DST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter