What size tent? What size site? Pls Help!!

BuzzandWoody

Driving with my Doom Buggy
Bobcat mentioned in another thread we might be better off with the partial hookup.
Right now we have preferred. Thought it might be nice for the TV but yet others say it's not worth it?

Looking at the layout on the Disney web page the full hookup looks smaller space wise than the partial.

Since we are tenting this might make a difference, right?

I having been shopping for tents. Looked at Walmart tonight as well as looking at Ebay.

We are a family of myself and dh, who is 6'3", 2 dd's 3 & 5
Since this is the first time as a family camping I want to be sure we have enough room.
But I guess on the otherhand I don't want a monster tent, or do I?

We will also be bringing a canopy or screen room.

Don't really want to invest alot until we are sure we will enjoy doing this, but yet want to be comfortable for the 7 nights we're there.

Trying to get as much out of our annual passes and I have been bugging dh to go camping.

He came up with the idea so we are camping! If we enjoy this maybe we'll move up to a pop-up.

Thanks so much for the info so far!!:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Des

Looks like you've got the fever!

I have a 10'x8' cabin tent with a 6'x5' dome tent attached. I also have a dining canopy and had more than enough room on the partial hook up site. I liked this site pecause it was quiet, except for my kids lol, and the loop is smaller. The location is also great. We weren't at our site long enough to use a TV and besides that's one more thing to pack when tent camping.

As for tents I found mine at Walmart for under $80. They usually have special purchase tents for a great price but they don't last long. Target also has some great dome tents but their prices are higher. Don't wait until your trip to set up the tent for the first time. It will be frustrating and also you may be missing something and then its too late. Do you know anyone you can borrow a tent from? This way you aren't out an investment if you decide tent camping isn't for you.

I am actually looking for a pop-up this year. ;) Camping is addictive!

WE now have a pop-up, but before that we had a very nice, and well made 3 room tent that we got a Target for around $150 (I think) This had 2 good size Sleeping rooms, with a "wall" in the middle to seperate them, but you could also make it one room, and it also had a screened in area in the front. This was great. We had a family of 5 at the time we had this, and it was great... We now have a pop up, and of course love this too, but would not hesitate to use the tent again. It had plenty of room for all of us, and the screened in area was great for the cooler, and toys that we always had... Good luck finding a tent.. ;)

Actually bought one today on ebay. Much cheaper than I found in the local stores.

A coleman, breezeway 17 X 9 for $110.00 including shipping. It has the screen room in the middle and two rooms on either side. Sound simular to what you used.

Still worried about the space size with a full hookup, what size was your tent?

I told the cm when we reserved we had a 6 man tent. Should I call back and note we have a larger tent?

We are all so excited about this trip and hoping it's the start of many wonderful family vacations. We have DVC also and have enough points for a week and a long weekend, but the price is right for camping and we may do it more often.

You know those weekends you sit home and go, "what are we going to do this weekend?"

Let's go camping!

The Preferred sites are great if you want cable and the proximity near the PH/Marina area. You can get large tent sites in the preferred loops. Just let CRO know the tent size they will add it onto your resv and the FW desk will assign you to a site that is appropriate. If you are really concerned or want a specific loop fax the front desk a few days before you arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter