What should we see first?

kathbuet1

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at the airport at 2:30 and probably get to our resort at about 3:00 - 3:15 on Sunday June 12th. What's the first thing you recommend me checking out? We are staying at CBR so we are close to MGM and Epcot.

Kathy

Hi and welcome. I'm sure others will have better ideas than mine but no trip to Disney feels right w/out doing Magic Kingdom first. I've done it other ways and now I only do Magic Kingdom first.

If I weren't going into any parks that day, though, I'd be ok w/ going to downtown or resort exploring.

Depends. Are you traveling with kids? To me, ALL trips must start and end with the MK. But, if you have kids with you, I wouldn't go to MK that night. I like the magic of starting the day there, seeing the castle down mainstreet and having the whole day to do it right. That being said, there are lots of fun dining options outside of the park, character meals,etc. or hang out at Downtown Disney. Or maybe just go to one of the resorts and/or check out the fireworks from one of the parks. It really depends on how much you want to squeeze into the 1st night. If it were me, I wouldn't do too much. just get settled in, oriented, do one fun thing that night and be ready to "hit it and get it" the next morning! Have fun! ::MinnieMo

My fiancee and I are in the same boat.. we're getting there abotu 10:30 on thr 12th... We're staying at CBR as well.

We've made a PS for that evening to see Wishes while eating at the California Grill, and we're going to PI for a little bit of dancing that night.

We're going to hit Epcot mid day to do a little of exploring in Future World, most likely.

Hi Kathy and Welcome to the DIS :wave:

I would go and explore Epcot :) Try asking this question on the Theme Park Boards for some more idea's.

Welcome! I would plan more time getting to the resort then 30 or 45 mins. Don't forget you have to get luggage, a ride etc and the ride itself can take 30 mins or more to the resort. When we arrive in the late afternoon, we usually go to Downtown disney for an early dinner at Rainforest cafe, then get our shopping out of the way LOL! Then maybe take the ferry over to PO and back again, then back to resort to get a good nights sleep and save our passes for a full day in a park. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter