What should we do while

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
my hubby and older two kids ride Expedition Everest? My 5 year old isn't tall enough and I'm totally fine not riding the big rides, LOL! What can we do in Asia that will keep him busy? We got a FP for it, so I'm guessing 30 minutes to kill?

At the tea stand, you can get a donut the size of his head. That will keep him busy for at least a few minutes LOL! My DD has to have one every trip :) And as PP said, watch the monkeys. The gift shop is pretty cool too, although only good for a few minutes probably. Is there a convenient chicken exit? Because he'd probably enjoy all the yeti stuff in the queue; I know we do.

If y'all want a little snack, Mr. Kamal's is right there and has some yummy stuff. The sriracha fries might be too much for him, but they have hummus and pita with fruit and carrots.

1) Is there a convenient chicken exit?

2) Because he'd probably enjoy all the yeti stuff in the queue; I know we do.

1) Yes, all rides have a chicken exit that you can use if you do not want to ride something, but...

2)a child too small to ride will not be allowed in lines so seeing the lin will not work

We love the ice cream truck next to EE! There's a shaded area right there where you can sit as well. If you are doing Wilderness Explorers, there are a few stations nearby and Maharaja Jungle Trek is close as well.

Monkey's if they are out. Trail with Tiger's in Asia if they are not.
"Worse" case? It's not that far of a walk to the Dino dig area
or
The games over in Dino land
They are just up the path, past Nemo

Monkey's if they are out. Trail with Tiger's in Asia if they are not.
"Worse" case? It's not that far of a walk to the Dino dig area
or
The games over in Dino land
They are just up the path, past Nemo
I was wondering how far the dino dig area was from it. Thank you!

my hubby and older two kids ride Expedition Everest? My 5 year old isn't tall enough and I'm totally fine not riding the big rides, LOL! What can we do in Asia that will keep him busy? We got a FP for it, so I'm guessing 30 minutes to kill?

During slow times, you can ride Everest 4 times in about 30 minutes. I doubt you'll have a very long wait.

See if the baby tigers are out in Maharaja Jungle Trek! We loved watching them play. Even if they aren't out, there are other animals to see.

This doesn't help with keeping the 5 year old occupied, but Thirsty River Bar is just steps away from EE. Not a bad place to stop for a beverage, if so inclined. :-)

you could meet Baloo and King Louie if he's interested. They are across from the Flights of Wonder theater.

you could meet Baloo and King Louie if he's interested. They are across from the Flights of Wonder theater.
That's a great idea! I don't think the big kids are all the concerned with meeting characters this trip.

I was wondering how far the dino dig area was from it. Thank you!
When my kids are in the dig area my DH and I take turns doing single rider for Everest. It isn't bad at all! You might have trouble getting your 5yo out of there after only 30 min, though. My kids love that place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter