What should we do.....(kind of long but please look and help :) )

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
Hey guys I hope everyone had a great 4th. If you were not at Disney (like we were not) or if you were, we know our show we saw here in TX did not compare to Wishes. But what should we do about our upcoming trip in Dec.

See we are arriving on Sat morning on Dec. 4th. We leave on the following Friday, Dec 10th. This is our 2nd time to Disney. Our first time was this past April when we arrived on a Monday and left on a Saturday. The day before Easter. So this is the only thing we have to compare to the weather and the crowds.

But how to get everything in. I have it planned where when we arrive we get our car, go to DTD and eat at the Earl of Sandwich..Yummy, get a sunday at Geradellis, and then visit Disney Tails. After wards go resort hop because we don't know if our room will be ready at WL until after 3. That night we will see HDDR and then hopefully catch the hay ride.

Sunday was planned for Epcot, Monday was planned for AK and if get done early enough we could go to MGM. Keep in mind that when we went to AK last time we didn't really explore that much as we went there on the day we arrived and I beieve it was EE. Not sure. We did safaris, Dinosaur, didn't see any shows or go on rapids why were there, but did see ITTBAB.

Tues is planned for MK and that night the MMVMCP. So that's an all day thing.

Wed was planned for Epcot again as we didn't get to go through all the countries and I didn't get to ride MS or TT as DW got sick the day we went to Epcot and we came back and the lines were way too long.

Thurs was planned for MGM.

Now If I can figure out a way to get MK twice...Something about leaving DW for good and the last thing is the castle before you go home. Even though our last day was spent shopping at DTD.

So all you DIS'rs tell me how you would spend 7 days and 6 nights, trying to get 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, some time walking around DTD, and possibly a water park. Something ironic about being at a water park when it is December.

Thanx so much

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Well.......I have one suggestion.......

Even though your room probably won't be ready until 3pm,
you can actually check in as early as you want. Have WL store your luggage, or keep it in the car. Then get to the MK as soon as possible to enjoy the park and eat there, also.
Of course, that means you will be skipping DTD that day.

Since Sun is you first full day at WDW, could you get to MK for EMH? You could get to the park at 8 am and get a lot done by noon, or leave as soon as it started to get pretty crowded. Then, you could go back to your resort for a rest or go to lunch. After that, you could head over to Epcot (unless you grabbed a counter service lunch at Epcot-depends on how commando you are with your plans). You could revisit MK the following Tues to re-ride your favorites! You may not need two full days for Epcot, but probably will for MK. AK usually closes at 5, so you should have time to get to MGM for Fantasmic (If you have the dinner plan, or go directly from AK to MGM). If its really crowded, I don't know how difficult it will be to get a seat. You could always go to Epcot the evening of your AK day, since Illuminations is usually at 9. Don't underestimate the convenience of park hopping!

I think you will enjoy your visit in December, the temperatures are often very nice (some times it is cold but not often). When we went several years ago it was really warm.

But this is the good part, lines are really short this time of year. You can get so much more done that you can at the busier times. I loved the decorations that are everywhere. I agree with Claudia though, I would probably check in and head over to MK or Epcot and let them hold my luggage.

I also would tell you that we tend to do park hopping, start at one park and then head to another in the evenings. I have gotten to all the parks in 5 days and several twice, because on the second day we tend to hit the highlights or the things we missed and so you feel like you get more done.

I don't AK or MGM are really all day parks.

Be sure and see Festival of Lion King at AK, is really great.

HOpe this helps

Your plan for AK includes an EE morning. I would only do this if you are sure you can get your party up and at 'em for the 8am opening. I would probably drive to AK to save some time.

Tell us about your party--size and ages-- and we can be more helpful.

I live in New England, so going to the water park in December is always a thrill. It's plenty warm for us, but generally not for folks from the South. What part of TX will you be coming from?

I would STRONGLY recommend a break and rest/nap on your MVMCP day.

See I would love to hit a park the first day, but also resort hop in there to. We want to see how each of the resorts are decorating for the hollidays. Like I said, we only have last April to compare to, so do we really want to hit a park on a weekend arrival day, or hit Epcot on Sunday? Which water park is open in December?

When we go . . .we usually only spend 1 day at MGM and 1 day at AK (they aren't even full days spent at AK) We go to MK several times during our visit as that is our favorite park. We spend the most time at MK with the 2nd most time being spent at Epcot.

We usually don't have set in stone iteneries, but instead when we head off to b-fast we all sit and decide where we'd like to visit for that day.

I think you'll find that you'll have plenty of time to get to MK more than once. Try to remember that with any visit, whether its your first or second or even twelveth time, you'll never fully be able to see and do everything.

We have never been during the holiday season, but from what I've read . . .WL and GF have really nice decorations.

Just be sure to have a good time and not to try to set everything in stone before you go . . .
:sunny:

We generally do two parks most days. Morning at one, evening at another. Under no circumstances would I do the entire day of MVMCP at MK. Do AK or MGM in the morning, take a rest, then go to MK late afternoon. Grab dinner at LTT or Tony's or CP, and your already there for MVMCP.

We've been a couple times in December and got a lot done in just a few days. Very very different than April, I think. (never done spring break, too spoiled by off-season!)

Originally posted by Wish Upon A Star
When we go . . .we usually only spend 1 day at MGM and 1 day at AK (they aren't even full days spent at AK) We go to MK several times during our visit as that is our favorite park. We spend the most time at MK with the 2nd most time being spent at Epcot.

We usually don't have set in stone iteneries, but instead when we head off to b-fast we all sit and decide where we'd like to visit for that day.

I think you'll find that you'll have plenty of time to get to MK more than once. Try to remember that with any visit, whether its your first or second or even twelveth time, you'll never fully be able to see and do everything.

We have never been during the holiday season, but from what I've read . . .WL and GF have really nice decorations.

Just be sure to have a good time and not to try to set everything in stone before you go . . .
:sunny:

Yeah I agree, we don't watn to do the comando thing. That's what we did on our last trip, hence this trip. I know there is no way to see everything. I wish there was though. Good thing about the last trip, I got everything on video. So if we don't see or do something on this trip that we have already done, like Indiana Jones, then we can watch it on dvd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter