What rides and shows for 15 month old

Sabo

Mouseketeer
What should we expect to ride and see? This will be our first trip with children, and we are not sure what to expect. Will we end up spending more time at the pool than in the parks?

There are so many rides and shows for small children it would take too much time to list. The only rides and shows they can't do are the fast and scarey ones. You will have a lot of fun with them. Don't forget to take rest time.

It would be easier to ask what they CAN'T do. Disney World is definatly a kid-friendly place. At the MK you can do everything except the Splash, Space, and Big Thunder Mountains and Alien Encounters. Over at MGM you can't do ToT and RnR. At Epcot the only thing you can't do is Test Track. Also, you probably wouldn't want to do Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but if you do you can always not put the glasses on her and hold her in your lap. At AK you can't do Dinausour or Primeval Swirl (I think that's the name of the new ride) It's Tough to be a Bug could be a little scary too.

Basicly just follow the height requirments. We took our DD at 20 months and she was able to do so much and she had tons of fun.

We took our daughter when she was 17 months. She LOVED Playhouse Disney.....but the Muppet Movie was a disaster. I think it was too loud for her. Honey I Shrunk the Kids was fun and the Bone Yard over in Animal Kingdom was where we spent a lot of time. They have a huge sandbox the kids can play in.

They can go on just about everything but the Mountains (space, splash, thunder mountains). They can't go on Alien Encounter. They can't go on RnR and ToT at MGM.

The 3-D movies might be scary for them.

That's about it!

Expect to spend lots of time in Fantasyland and Toontown at MK. Then there's the Alladin carpet ride and the Buzz Light year ride. Some kids don't like the Snow White ride because you see the witch a lot and it's dark at times.

There are good shows they will like especially at MGM like Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. There's a show in front of the Castle with Cinderella they'd like.

Have fun!

15 mths love, Small World. Winnie the Pooh, Goofys Barnstormer,
Dumbo, all of the slow rides in Epcot, and, if they have the water on, the fountains.

My 15 mo. old DS loved, loved, loved It's a Small World. He also enjoyed Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (I didn't spin him too much), Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Festival of the Lion King show at AK and Playhouse Disney at MGM. He didn't enjoy the Dumbo ride, though he may have been cranky for lunch at the time, and he also didn't enjoy Peter Pan's Flight. Running around in the Boneyard Playground was fun for him too, it wasn't too crowded -- but the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was too chaotic.

Thanks for all the info. I was under the impression that goofys barnstormer was for 3 year old and above. Can anyone verify.

My DS (turning 4 in a month) went on Goofy's Barnstormer several times with my husband, twice with me. Our 15 mo. old stayed with the parent NOT on the roller coaster at the time. Personally, I thought it was far too intense for a baby and never even CONSIDERED taking him on it -- but, I also didn't see any age/height restrictions, (I may have missed them???), so I suppose it's up to the parent's discretion. IMHO, I didn't think it was appropriate for my 15 mo. old. We stuck with the slower, less intense rides, and actually "tested" several rides by having one of us take our 4 year old to check it out first, before taking the 15 mo. old on it.

According to Birnbaum's 2003 WDW Guide riders must be 35 inches tall. It also says, "Although guests as young as three are allowed to ride, it may be too turbulent for some."

I know this b/c our almost 2 1/2 yo DD want to ride this and is always pointing to it in her Kid's Birnbaum book and also in the planning video. She just meets the height requirement, but not the age. So we keep telling her not this trip but on our next trip (Oct.) she can ride.

Gi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter