What restaurant's would you eat at???

Indyjohn

Earning My Ears
We (me, wife, 16 and 11 yr old son's) will be at Universal for 4 full days (10/23-10/26) Staying at RPR.
My question is, if you were going to eat at a different restaurant for lunch and dinner for those 4 days (8 meals) what 8 places (between the 3 hotes, 2 parks and City Walk) would you chose to eat at? :confused:
give me your top 8 with your absolute "do not miss" selections highlited!!!

Thanks,

John

I've only eaten at Latin Quarter...and loved it, but on our next trip, we plan on eating at Margaritaville, Mythos and one of Emeril's Restaurants!

Avoid Mel's dinner at Universal - dry chicken sandwhich, yuck, but their chocolate shake (although very ordinary) was yummy!

I'm probably the only person here who thinks Mythos (IOA) is overrated. Food was fine but price is big too, just not a favorite of mine - maybe try it for dessert?

I really enjoyed Cafe4 (fast food counter service - reasonable prices, good food) - It's at IOA.

Latin Quarter was good - low lighting. Not busy when we were there.

Margaritaville was packed with people. Food was fine. THey had entertainment the night we went (two "clown" types with balloon animals - the kids liked it.

Pastamore at City Walk has a market that is open for breakfast - the breakfast plate for adults was only about $8.00 ( about 1/2 what the resorts charge for breakfast) - not much seating and some is outside with umbrellas.

Hard Rock had a nice breakfast buffet in the Sunset Grill (now the Kitchen). Adult at that time was about $13.95 or so .

Late afternoon brings Happy HOur - many places have cheap beer and drinks.

We enjoyed dining at both of Emeril's restaurants, The Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville and Mythos (although I, too, think Mythos is overrated). There are many fine choices and I'm sure you will get several recommendations.

Mythos is my favorite. Don't miss the warm gooey chocolate banana cake. In City Walk I like the Latin Quarter and the Hard Rock Cafe. In Universal I really like Lombard's Landing.

Hi Indy John! We have eaten at Mythos for lunch(More affordable for lunch)
The Palms(HRH),great if you like steak. NBA for lunch(ok)Sunset grill for Breakfast and a casual dinner. DH is in charge of reservations this trip,since its my birthday. I am not sure of where we will be eating although I've mentioned Mythos,The Palms and either Emeril's or Tchoup Tchoup (sp?).

Denise

Must do's every trip:

Mama Della's EXCELLENT i would suggest this for a great supper to end your long days' and enjoy strolling around the ground then if there's room go to the gelato on the piazza and grab a gelato cone for the walk/ride back. You can take the boats or just walk the path i'm guessing the walk would take 20 minutes but it's so beautiful. I would take the boat there and walk back there's nothing like seeing the PBH come into view from the boat it's so romantic and lovely. Then walk back and enjoy the smells from all the plants along your path ways back to the Royal.

Mythos- I'm a picky eater but i love love love this resturant. We do Lunch here every trip. I enjoy the corn/calm bique soup, my dh loves the tortilla soup (i tried it an loved it too). We enjoy the pizza of the day here. My dh loves the plantan nachos then we shared a gooey bannana cake w/ a bowl of vanilla ice cream and we drank water with our ap discount it was 29.00! Now can you beat that for all that food? The service is always excellent and it's so nice to sit and relax and listen to the water falling off the building just lovely.

Margaritaville- What can i say we eat here more than once every trip. We love this place lunch and supper! We love the vocano nachos and soups for lunch. Then cheeseburgers and quesidilla's too! A typicial lunch here with our AAA discount or AP discount get's us to around 20 for a truck load of food! Great atmosphere your kids will love it you will love it. At night we like to sit on the patio and have some drinks and appetizers listening to the guy sing songs and folks get up and dance it's just really easy on relaxtion mode of vacationing. So go and enjoy this place more than once.

Hard Rock- Well we might or might not every trip. The food is okay never bad really but just lacks greatness. We've never left hungry and it's neat to look and buy souviers but the food is just so so your average meal. It's not expensive around 15-20 for two and they do accept AAA and AP discounts for if its' variety you want i'd say try it once.

The Palms- Ohhhhhhhhh so good. If there's an occasion to celebrate or you just are looking for that extra special expereince of the finer meals and service definetly have * service make you some ressies' for this place. Just excellent food but more on the pricey side. It's your Ruth Chris' or Mortons of Universal eat's!

When we go we have been dieting all year so these are free weekends and we don't want to chance a BAD meal so we go with faithfuls and tend not to try something that is hit or miss. We always stop once and get the funnel cake loaded with icecream, topping, chocolate syrup, strawberry's and nuts at the port of entry next to the cinnabon shoppee that s a must do. I hope you have a excellent trip.

Hi John,

For lunch or dinner in no certain order: make sure you make reservations if you want to try any of these. Even though being a resort guest allows you to jump to the front of the reservation line at some of these places...not all of them..you still may have a wait..remember there are other guests with room key cards also. You are safer with a reservation.

Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific (we have had lunch and dinner, almost identical menus)

Margaritaville City Walk (lunch or dinner)..we love the volcano nachos..if the weather is good, sit on the deck

Latin Quarter City Walk (lunch buffet or menu at dinner..one world for dinner is outstanding)

Mythos in IOA (lunch or dinner, both great)

Emeril's City Walk (lunch or dinner)

NBA City City Walk (we have only had dinner, but delicous)

Del fino Riviera at the Portofino (dinner only) (delicous, relaxing, strolling singer who is wonderful..brings tears to your eyes)

Trattatoria (spelling) at Portofino good for lunch (very quiet at lunch time, nice place to take a break)

We have eaten at Palm in Hard Rock...way over priced for the quality...it just didn't cut it for us.

We LOVED Mama Dellas (PBH). Even with all the good reviews that I read before going -- it lived up to all the good things I read. It's great for couples or families. And the strolling musicians were wonderful! The food was delicious. We especially liked the calamari appetizer and the salad that comes with dinner. The eggplant parmesan was really good too.

We enjoyed the food at Cafe LaBamba (USO) for a easy and quick lunch. Also did Mythos (IOA) for lunch which is a sit-down restaurant and nothing like any restaurant that I had ever been to in an amusement park!

The milkshakes at Schwab's Pharmacy (USO) were thick and yummy!

With 2 boys, I'm sure NBA City will be a hit. I have an 11 year old son and we end up here more than once each time we go to UO.

We also like Margaritaville for the atmosphere most of all; the food is okay too. We enjoyed Mythos and did not find it to be overpriced.

Tchoup Chop is also very good. Consider letting the kids have a pool night and enjoy a date night! We did this while at HRH, DH and I went to The Palm, while our son played at the pool and ate at the Beach Club. While we LOVE the HRH, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at any of the restaurants there. I have heard great things about the PBH restaurants, however and plan to eat at Mama Dellas when we return in Dec.

So much wonderful info on here...I don't know where I would be without it...
OK...Here is the plan on dining so far after reading all of these suggestions.

Thursday:
Lunch Mythos
Dinner undecided

Friday:
Lunch Margaritaville
Dinner Moma Della's

Saturday:
Lunch NBA City
Dinner Pizza for the boys Tchoup Chop for us

Sunday
Lunch undecided
Dinner Latin Quarter

How does that sound so far?

Hi :)

We liked Margaritaville, Mythos & Hard Rock Cafe.. never been disappointed with either meal or service.

have a great trip

>>^..^<<

I think your plan looks good. I have read a lot of good things about Tchoup Chop; I hope to go there on our next trip. I noticed the day you are doing lunch at Mythos, you have undecided for dinner. You might want to play that by ear, or plan on a lighter dinner. Lunch at Mythos can turn into a main meal for the day very easily :goodvibes

Have a fun time!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter